HELP!!! I so want to binge on junk

Options
I have been feeling depressed lately I LOVE FOOD!!!! I love to cook I love create in the kitchen and I love to taste test everything. I am a cheese fan but that makes me get stopped up to the max. I tried the 1200 cal diet and got so depressed I was wallowing in self pity(not a good scenario) I literally dreamt of cheese cakes and cheese danishes man I need some encouragement. TOday I feel pretty awesome though. I got on my elliptical and finally got past the pain and got in the zone where I was going strong for a lot longer then I ever have. So that's a plus but ugh I sooo want junk food lol

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough. You need to up your calories and eat healthy food so that your body doesn't force you to eat whatever you can grab so that it can survive.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling depressed lately I LOVE FOOD!!!! I love to cook I love create in the kitchen and I love to taste test everything. I am a cheese fan but that makes me get stopped up to the max. I tried the 1200 cal diet and got so depressed I was wallowing in self pity(not a good scenario) I literally dreamt of cheese cakes and cheese danishes man I need some encouragement. TOday I feel pretty awesome though. I got on my elliptical and finally got past the pain and got in the zone where I was going strong for a lot longer then I ever have. So that's a plus but ugh I sooo want junk food lol

I'm feeling the same. My mouth's watering for some comfort food! Have you worked out how many calories you burned on your elliptical? Maybe you can eat back some of those calories with a healthy comforter, like some fruit? I know, I know, I want cheese cake and pizza etc. as well but we're supposed to be kicking these habits. Argh!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Good for you for posting rather than eating!

Take a deep breath, walk around the block, chug four glasses water so fast it makes your belly hurt, and then give yourself a high five for NOT giving in to your desire to binge!
  • clary3
    clary3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!! DO NOT BINGE! :)

YOU'VE GOT THIS! :flowerforyou:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat more, especially since you're working out and burning calories.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I love to eat and cook also!! I end up having to NOT make things I want to so I don't pig out. I drink hot tea and water while cooking to stop me from tasting and eating. Every now and then, I do end up on a binge. I get so mad at myself but... I get right back on track the next day.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Good for you for posting rather than eating!

Take a deep breath, walk around the block, chug four glasses water so fast it makes your belly hurt, and then give yourself a high five for NOT giving in to your desire to binge!

Why would you give yourself a stomach ache?
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    take that love of cooking and creating and figure out how to 'healthify' the foods you love....there are a million websites w/tasty tasty recipes you can follow or adjust to your tastes...have fun w/it - don't think you have to live on boiled chicken and celery sticks..cook what you like, just make it better for you.
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would get some junk food but don't binge. If it's sugar you crave try breaking a candy bar in half (throw the other half away if you don't trust yourself). If its chips, count out a serving and have that. I mean junk food will not kill you and honestly if you have some fruit or something instead you will likely be back here in awhile with the same issue. Fit it in. Burn it to earn it. Whatever you have to do to keep the balance. Don't demonize yourself or your snack, just moderate. Everyone is different but for me...the first time I really knew I could control my portion on my own and didn't have to give up doritos because of that...it made me smile HUGE. Good luck!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Wanting to binge on junk is a byproduct of trying to eliminate junk entirely from your diet.

You can fit "junk" into your daily goals. I do it. I find room for ice cream and Taco Bell all the time. Keeps me from driving by it and wishing I could stop in but telling myself I can't. That only works for so long before I find myself in there eating some Nachos Bell Grande and two Chalupas.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    When you cut out all the things you love to eat, then you're going to want to binge. Learn moderation.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    1200 CALORIE DIET??!!!!! IM AFRAID TO ASK WHAT IT CONSISTS OF!! YOU GOTTA EAT AND HAVE FUN DOING IT!!
    KRISTIAN ROCO GOOD TIMEZZZ
  • dkgoetz
    dkgoetz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I REALLY crave something, I go ahead and eat it (eat it, but not binge on it) otherwise i'll just keep thinking about it. I still log it to keep myself accountable.

Last night I wanted cookies something fierce, so I counted out a serving of Nilla Wafers and then I was fine. I went over my calories by a little, but every once in a while isn't going to hurt - plus in my mind it's better to go over a little by allowing myself what I want than to go over a LOT from an uncontrollable binge.
  • Pickles64
    Pickles64 Posts: 13
    Options
    I know how you feel - but when you think about how much progress you have made, or want to make and realize that doing that to yourself, no matter how down or how much you *think* you want it, it isn't accomplishing what you want it to. Think of food more as fuel than solice. You can get more happiness from taking a walk & releasing endorphins than eating a cheesecake & feeling all of that "failure" and "regret" - not to mention the set-back from your goal.

Every day you do the right things for your body, the easier it gets to think that way. I'm a bread addict, so for me - it's all about one day at a time, one hour at a time & one minute at a time where bread is concerned. You just have to think first - does this bite I'm about to take move me in the direction I want to go? If not, let it be.

Bless you & know you're not the only one... you can DO this!!
  • Pickles64
    Options
    Ok, that tastes good, but why would you want to put that fast-food poison in your body? Not judging - Just wonderin'

This wasn't meant for you - sorry, but it won't let me delete - JUST IGNORE THIS POST. lol
  • PrajnaFaux
    Options
    I feel that way too, sometimes. I've found that just admitting how hard changing my lifestyle can be helps me get past it. I've been off sugar for over four months, but a month ago I had a total pity party meltdown because someone brought Easter candy to a meeting I attended and I couldn't have any. Well, technically I COULD have had some, but I've come so far that I honestly couldn't do it with a clear conscience. I'm working on recovering from an eating disorder, so eating sugar would be like an alcoholic having a beer. Anyway, I vented to my husband and some safe friends and felt a bit better. I think that most people underestimate just HOW HARD this is. It's like getting off drugs, but without the support of society. Everywhere I go people ask if I'm diabetic when I decline sugary things and then look at me like I'm crazy when I say I don't eat sugar because it's like poisoning my body. I'm sure some people can eat sweets in moderation, but I can't. At least not now. Going cold turkey with the sugar did help me get through the withdrawls and cravings quicker. I still have honey and maple syrup (in moderation), and I do still treat myself with my favorite foods. My favorite after-exercise treat is to get two Classic Chicken Soft Tacos from Del Taco. Sets me back 444 calories, which is totally doable with MFP. I get 1350 cals per day, plus an extra 300 on days that I exercise. I always feel full and satisfied when I treat myself to a special meal rather than a snack type food. I also LOVE cheese, so sometimes I'll make myself a quesadilla or grilled cheese sandwich. If I don't have enough calories for that, it's a good incentive to take the dog for a walk. I think I should have a shirt that says, "Will exercise for cheese"!

Obviously, I'm just sharing my own experience here. Hopefully some of it will be helpful, or at least remind you that you're not the only one who deals with this. Good luck, and good job reaching out!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ok, that tastes good, but why would you want to put that fast-food poison in your body? Not judging - Just wonderin'

Because it is delicious and helps me achieve my nutrition goals for the day.

Oh, and I don't have some irrational fear of food because of a particular label.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Why not reasearch some healthy versions of your favorites. I too love to cook and I have found I really enjoy trying up some of the new recipes. I found a recipe for some healthy cookie rolls to keep in the freezer the other day and they sound great. haven't go around to making them though. maybe this weekend. I know I have seen litened up cheesecake recipes. WW has a desert that is cheesecake style also. Although if that is one of your trigger foods I wouldn't bother with that. Count those exercise calories and work enough for a piece and go out and have it is another solution. Up your calories so you aren't starving. Good luck.
  • Jennie183
    Jennie183 Posts: 10
    Options
    Cutting out the junk food not only reduces your waistline its a must for overall health. Moderation is right but for some of us food is like a drug. Having a little makes us wants more. I disagree with the chugging of water untill your belly hurts. That stretches your tummy and we are trying to shrink it. You will be fine. You are strong. Fall off and you'll get right back on that wagon before it leaves without you (us).
  • Pickles64
    Options

This wasn't meant for you - sorry, but it won't let me delete - JUST IGNORE THIS POST. lol

Again, Ignore this post - I was told that my "poison" comment was judgmental, and it wasn't intended to be. I apologize.