Spinning - good results or not?

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
With 13lbs left to go, i have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a struggle.

I have been looking into joining spinning classes.

Has anyone had any success from these?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Your diet is really key here. Spinning gets you a really nice burn, it's very intense. If you enjoy it, go for it.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I spin 3 times a week and typically burn 700 calories an hour.

I've noticed my legs becoming more shapely over time and my fitness has gone through the roof.

I cycled outside for the first time in ages today and I was going up hills with ease that i would previously have dismounted and pushed up.
  • jobi1kanoobi
    Options
    I started going to spin classes a couple of months ago and I think they're brilliant. They encourage me to work a lot harder than I otherwise would in the gym and I'm really starting to notice the difference in my hips, thighs and overall wobbly bits. I say go for it, you might find you really love it!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I spin once a week and have for the past year and a half. Spin classes were what got me hooked on fitness. I wanted to do better on the bike, so it made me want to exercise other times as well. Now, spin is my social time (my friends go too) and a good way to cross train for the running and weight lifting I do.

That said, weight loss is about the calories. Spin classes can help create a calorie deficit, but it's going to come down to your diet overall to get rid of the last 13lbs.

You should be aiming for about 0.5/lbs/week rate of loss. Good luck!
  • jourdanerin
    Options
    I started getting in shape by taking Spin Classes 2X a week. Very good workout! You will sweat your booty off!

Make sure your instructor is certified in Spin though!!! I had to quit taking my Thursday class because the instructor wasn't certified and her class always made my back hurt! (too much "up" and "low chest"). My Monday night instructor is certified and his classes are always challenging without being unnecessarily painful.

You will have a very sore booty (those seats suck!!!),it does get better after a few classes though.

Good Luck!
  • lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spinning... :) even tho i put most of my weight back on, i started spinning again this month & well my pants are getting looser again! yes! my thighs smaller & underwear are start to get loose too.