Dress/pant size

Options
So, I've been reading and reading posts about height / weight/ sizes etc...My question..almost every post I have read where your weight is 220-250 Lbs states they are a size 20-22...My highest weight at 208 I was a 22 pants and a 3 x shirt...I am 5'5"...??? I've just lost some weight and am now still in a size 20 jean...I'm now at 190? Just a bit confusing??

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    18lbs & 2 pant sizes.

What more do you want?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I wear 32 pants and am probably a size 12 or so for a dress.

I'm not every chesty though and usually have to go down a size.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    everyone carries their weight a little different. It has become my understanding that about 10 pounds is about 1 pant size.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    it varies, there is no one answer. I'm 5'7", and at 260lbs I was a size 20 jeans, and i didnt lose a pant size until i lost about 30 to 40 lbs. I'm currently a size 4 at 138 lbs.Everyone is different.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It depends on your build. I am 5'5" and have a girlfriend who is the same height. We both weigh the same. She wears an 8 and I wear a 12.

When I was 40 lbs lighter than I am right now (way back in my high school days many moons ago), I wore a size 10. I've never worn anything smaller than that.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    It's all about your body type, not weight. I am about 5'7, very curvy and around 150 lbs, I wear a size 2 or 4 depending on the cut of the dress/pants, my BFF is the same height and around the same weight and she can't get in anything smaller then a 6.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    everyone carries their weight a little different. It has become my understanding that about 10 pounds is about 1 pant size.

I've lost 27 and only 1 (but in the uk we only have even number sizes so it goes down in two's)

:'( hoping I'll drop another soon xx
  • betho217
    betho217 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Check out My Body Gallery

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Everyone is different. We carry weight in different places, have different amounts of body fat, etc.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    last time I checked, for woman (at least in the US), all different brand pant sizes vary and than on top of that, everyone carries their weight different.

Me, I'm 5'0, started at 227 in a size 20. I'm now 194 and can wear a 14 BUT I can still wear my 18's too, they are just baggy. Everyone is different.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I was 274 at my highest and was a size 20 very snug....im 251 and still a size 20. I'm only 5'3 but I have thunder thighs and a big butt, especially for a white girl. My smallest pants size I have been was a size 10 and I was 160, but could wear a size 7 in skirts
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So, I've been reading and reading posts about height / weight/ sizes etc...My question..almost every post I have read where your weight is 220-250 Lbs states they are a size 20-22...My highest weight at 208 I was a 22 pants and a 3 x shirt...I am 5'5"...??? I've just lost some weight and am now still in a size 20 jean...I'm now at 190? Just a bit confusing??

Its all about your proportions and the way your body is made. I'm 225 and 5'5" and in a size 16. Everyone is different!
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    5'2" 223 pounds, size 12, large shirts.

I'm always confused that I'm in smaller sizes than people that weigh less than I do.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Check out My Body Gallery

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Everyone is different. We carry weight in different places, have different amounts of body fat, etc.
    ]

Very good point about the body fat! I got to a point where I stopped losing weight, but kept losing pants sizes as my body fat % went down. I went from an 8 to a 2 without ever losing a pound.
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body make up is very different. My heighest weight was 332 and I was in a size 24Tall. But, I am 5'11"!!
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It seems like shorties lose sizes faster BUT like everyone says, we're all different!
    I'm 5'1" and at 180 I was an18
    I'm around 130 now and a size 4

Tall girls be DYING to be a size 4 but I still have weights to lose!

crazy.

Sounds like your sizes and going well.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    As a lot of people have said we all carry our weight differently. I'm 5'4" and 145 pounds. I wear a size 10 jeans because I carry the majority of my weight in my hips and thighs. Another person of the same height and weight will probably wear a smaller size than I do. Add in the insanity that is womens sizing AND vanity sizing and it's enough to drive you crazy especially if you start comparing yourself to everyone else.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my highest weight was 226. At that time I was maxing out size 20 clothes. I'm now 174 and comfortably in a size 14, with an occasional size 12. It can depend on how you wear your clothes too. I don't wear mine extremely tight but I don't like them baggy either. Some people won't go up a size even when they need to. And some people flat out lie about their size. Don't be confused, just wear what fits you. It's not about numbers - it's about how you feel about yourself and how you look in your clothes.
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    In 9lbs, I went from a UK 6/8 (US 2/4) to a UK 4. (US 0.) in jeans size. (I'm short.)

I must have lost most of the weight I lost from my hips and thighs for that to happen. Everyone is different. I heard somewhere that the rule usually is that 10lbs is a dress size, but I don't know if that is actually right.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are different, I'm 189lbs, and pants size 12-14, at my highest weight, around 270, I was a size 18W, though I did have a pair of size 20W jeans. I was surprised to find so many varying sizes for women that weighed the same as I do. Not all bodies are created equal, now if only clothing designers understood that.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I am 225 and 5'5" and I am still wearing size 20 jeans, because 35lbs ago I shouldn't have been wearing them at all.. They are baggy, but the next size down I have is 16. I can get them up, but do not want to wear them tight. I refuse to buy any new pants right now because I have 4 pairs of 16 in my closet that are only a couple of years old. I also have a small waist compared to my hips, so I need a belt more.