Have you read a diet/exercise/ health book you like?

Options

Replies

• coldwishes
    Options
    Skinny b***h -it's pretty controversial but it does have some interesting points. I personally took a lot away from it, and the writer voice resonates really well.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The Eat Clean Diet... it isn't really about dieting, just about making better choices and what your body does with sugar and things like that. So informative

Seriously, pretty much anything from Tosca Reno. It's real, healthy, and sustainable.
  • socialkombat
    Options
    Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elise Resch. All about breaking free from the diet mentality for good. It's awesome stuff.
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Another vote in favor of "The End Of Overeating" by Kessler!
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    400 Calorie Fix by Liz Vaccariello with Mindy Hermann, RD
    I like this book, because it talks about portion control, which is what I struggle with.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    'Between Two Lips' by Naomi Sanchez.

One of the best books I've read in a while.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The Diet Cure by Julia Ross
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Diet-Cure-Julia-Ross/dp/0140286527
    * How the foods you eat affect your hormones, energy etc. and how to cure common health problems with good foods

Accidentally Overweight by Dr. Libby Weaver
    http://www.amazon.com/Accidentally-Overweight-Solve-weight-puzzle/dp/0473181487
    * How losing weight is more than just fewer calories, the influence of stress, hormones, thyroid, insulin, etc.

The New Rules of Lifting for Women
    http://www.amazon.com/New-Rules-Lifting-Women-Goddess/dp/1583333398
    * How to amp your metabolism, reshape your body, trim down etc. through heavy lifting (no, it does not bulk you up!)

Intuitive Eating by Tribole & Resch
    http://www.amazon.com/Intuitive-Eating-Revolutionary-Program-Works/dp/0312321236
    * Recommended by my nutritionist, how to get off the dieting yo-yo cycle and learn to recognize subtle cues from your body

The Good Mood Diet
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Good-Mood-Diet-Weight/dp/082128004X
    * How what you eat affects your energy, emotions, thoughts, and moods and how to eat so you feel fantastic as you lose weight
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I follow Dr. Louis Aronne's book: The Skinny: On Losing Weight Without Being Hungry.
    It's a book about how your body processes different types of food. What foods make you fat, trigger hunger and how to structure your diet to stay healthy for life.
  • katiebird1111
    Options
    SHRED Revolutionary Diet By Ian K. Smith, M.D. LOVE IT! Its a 6 week plan. Easy read. He was on Dr. Oz!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    'Between Two Lips' by Naomi Sanchez.

One of the best books I've read in a while.

But please don't google this while you're at work! That author is a little too edgy for corporate, if ya know what I mean.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Metabolic repair manual

I couldn't find it on Amazon. Who is the author?
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    haha thank you all so much so many good suggestions! I'm gonna whip out the kindle and start downloading some samples!

Liking the French Woman idea....my ultimate goal (isn't it everyone's, really?) is intuitive eating, so I like the idea of info and suggestions about subtle life changes....I mean, wine, cheese, and bread and they're thin as rails! :P

Thanks again!
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Metabolic repair manual

I couldn't find it on Amazon. Who is the author?

Leigh Peele
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    New Rulesof Lifting for Women.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    SHRED Revolutionary Diet By Ian K. Smith, M.D. LOVE IT! Its a 6 week plan. Easy read. He was on Dr. Oz!

...which means it is a gimmick by a snake oil salesman. Nope.
  • rambi1
    rambi1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Fast Meatbolism Diet by nutritionist Haylie Pomroy uses carb swapping with three separate phases weekly to invigorate and rev up you metabolism. Especially helpful for peolpe on plateaus after years of dieting. Recently published and featured on Dr. Oz in April 2013. :smile:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I read 'New Rules of Lifting for Women' and have been doing it ever since. Love it!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    1zxac0n.jpg
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great recommendations. Would love to purchase some to keep me focus. Difficult to lose 10 lbs, just maintaining...;0(
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Nutrition Basics by Dr. Liz Applegate. It's a textbook but reads easy.