New to Dieting/Exercise - just ordered Leslie Sansone Walk S

Options
Hi All,

I've just finished my first week on this site and I'm loving it so far. I've finally adjusting to my reduced calorie intake and I'm feeling good. I think I'm ready to add in a regular exercise routine. I'm so out of shape right now and have been afraid to get started since I'm out of breath just climbing up the stairs, but I'm determined and motivated! I just ordered the Leslie Sansone Walk Slim - Fast Start with the 1, 2, and 3 mile workouts. I can't wait for the dvd to get here. Is anyone else doing them? Any fans of Leslie Sansone on here? Reviews? I'm hoping to feel a major difference in my stamina after a month of walking with her 4-5 days a week.

Replies

• englishdamion
    Options
    I too have just finished my first week using this site and lost 7 pounds. Using the new calorie counting method as allowed me to be more aware of what I eat as well as how much I eat. I would encourage you to start slow. I'm not a gym fan so I jog around my neighborhood. In doing this I am able to set land marks and push myself to reach those before stopping. I notice everyday I would push myself and set fewer land marks to stop at. This week I challenge myself to run 1 mile non stop. Wish me luck and I will you well also. Just start slow and make sure to stay committed to your routine.
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansones work outs are great! She has many different ones out now that include some sort of equipment to use as well and the run about $15. I have at least 5 different dvds. Another favorite is the one called Walk at Home. It has five different work outs - you can do one each day or as many as you want. They really work you out. Let me know how you are enjoying the DVD you got. I have had 3 knee surgeries so I am limited in the exercise department these are something I can do with minimum trouble. Good Luck with your journey!!
  • karen1003
    karen1003 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi! Yes, I have used the Leslie Sansone walking program in the past and it definitely works. When I first started, the 1 mile was all I could do but fairly quickly moved up to the 2 mile. You will be surprised how fast you build up stamina! But take your time and if you have to, use the 1 mile program twice a day - it's shorter in duration - so doing it twice is easier and still great exercise.
    Good luck! Be confident! You can do it.
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Completed Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home 1-2-3 Super walk for 21-days straight...workout was great...plus it was done in the comfort of my own home...just take it one day at a time...and you will be okay...keep water near by while working out...here is to a healthier you...

B
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I'm so excited!! In fact, I don't think I've ever been this excited to work out. Good luck!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    There is a group on the message boards for walking. A lot of us do the Leslie Sansone WATP workouts. Some walk on the treadmill or outside and some mix it up. You set your own goal so it's good for beginners or more advanced. Lots of support and fun. Here's a link if anyone is interested in joining us. It's listed as the SWaT Team Challenge Month 2.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/106641-the-swat-team-challenge-month-2

Just wanted to add that the only exercises I have done, since I started working out in March, have been the WATP workouts. I have quite an assortment to keep me from getting bored.
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did them for years!! And still them 4x a week now. I lost like 20 pounds doing it the first month!!!! I swear by Leslie's dvd! Do the 5 mile walk too! Awesome!!! Exercise tv have them to do and review for free online@ exercisetv.com
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi folks!!! My Leslie Sansone dvd's finally came in and I just finished the Walk Slim Fast Start 1 and 2 mile....LOVED IT!!! Feel great...what do you guys log it as in the exercise tracker?
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I usually use the walking - brisk pace 4.0 miles per hour as most of her workouts are about 15 minutes per mile. Some are even a little faster. Some people use the low-impact aerobics but I noticed the calories burned worked out exactly the same so I just use the walking one.
  • MOUSELADY
    Options
    to anyone who is working out to Leslie Sanson Walk Away the pounds: I have just purchased the super challenge, does anyone know how many calories you burn doing each mile?