Goal: lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks

Options
New goal = 5 weeks to lose 15 pounds. I want to weigh 120 by the end of May. That's a reasonable goal, right?...3 pounds a week. Does anyone want to join me? I'm going to try eating less carbs, no added sugar, and no added salt. I want to be able to wear a bikini comfortably so I can show off my side tattoo while I'm still young! :P

Add me :)

P.S. I'm 5'2 and 136 lb.

Replies

• ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That's a reasonable goal, right?...3 pounds a week.

No.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Honestly? No, it's not a reasonable goal considering your current height and weight. You're already a healthy weight, so you just don't have the amount of fat stored to support that rate of loss. 0.5 lbs a week is much more realistic, as boring as it sounds.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but your ticker goal would make you underweight.
  • annabeladcock
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm also 5"2 and 136 pounds! But I'm really not sure if 15 POUNDS!!!! Is doable... The calorie deficit would be far too extreme, I think... How many calories / carbs were you thinking per day?? :)
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    That's a reasonable goal, right?...3 pounds a week.

No.

:)

Why not cut out red meat while your at it too...don't restrict yourself so much. If you do, you will fail from cravings. No/low carb is the dumbest 'diet' ever conceived.
  • jjkale
    jjkale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree. 3 pounds a week is not healthy. You will gain everything back eventually. You need to start eating properly and that is how you will lose the pounds and keep them off. Along with exercise. Friend me. I'm curious to see how you make out.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would say instead of trying to lose the weight, try lifting weights and tone it. You will probably lose more inches and look better, than just losing the weight (which I think would be very difficult and not healthy, but I am not a doctor).
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You're pretty small up lose so much quickly. Don't set yourself up for failure, go for the safe 1lb a week or you'll just gain it back, and probably more.
  • HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options
    as people said before. It's not healthy to lose 3 pounds a week. The healthier way is to lose 1:100 of your weight every week. you weigh 135 so you should not lose more than 0.5 a week.

I'm really wondering why do you want to lose 15 pounds. I think your weight is Ideal. If you want to get more in shape. just exercise and eat healthy and your body will change. I guess :)
    any way I wish you luck
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Dear, no, it's not realistic, and I agree that your ticker has your goal weight waaaaay lower than healthy. You'll look a lot better in that bikini if you put on some muscle and lose maybe 5 lbs or so of fat. If this is all about the beach body, may I recommend the "beachbody" videos? You'll get over halfway through "Insanity" in that time, and it'll do a lot more than what you've proposed would (Weight training with some cardio would also work, the videos are just good motivators sometimes). 3lbs a week is only achievable when someone is very overweight (you're already in the "normal" range), and it sounds like getting fitter would be more helpful for what you want than actually losing weight would be.
  • protogrrrl
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know what's up with my ticker. My goal weight is 115...or somewhere around there and to be toned.
  • myonlystrength91
    Options
    Perfectly do able, I have lost 6-10 in a week before!

I'll join you :)

I am 5'4" and 125 lbs so I will be aiming for 110.
  • ctpeace
    Options
    Perfectly do able, I have lost 6-10 in a week before!

I'll join you :)

I am 5'4" and 125 lbs so I will be aiming for 110.

that's called water weight or muscle loss(it's not all fat), OP, go for fit, the weight will come off slowly but surely, but amping up your workout will get you some good results quickly and get you that bikini bod.
  • ctpeace
    Options
    Mathematically, losing 3 lbs of fat a week would mean eating 1500 calories a day fewer. the poster who said they lost 6 lbs in a week would have had to eat 3000 calories fewer PER DAY to claim this was all fat loss (ie: not possible!). You may lose a couple of bonus pounds from water weight, but math doesn't lie in the long run.
    Also, since no one has said this yet, rock that tattoo with confidence, and don't stress so much about a few lbs! The smile on your face is just as important (more, actually!)as the rockin bod. Be confident no matter what weight you're at. It's definitely ok to work for your best body, but you shouldn't wait to feel comfortable until you're at your ideal weight.
  • agooddaytodiesoft
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks, no starving no nothing, i just excersised 3 days a week, consumed 1200 calories per day, and walked everywhere instead of taking the bus and so forth, and sometimes i would walk in the evenings when i wasnt excersising.
  • protogrrrl
    Options
    I do NOT plan on starving myself and I DO plan on doing a lot of cardio and strength training. I'm trying to eat more protein and less carbs. Not a low carb diet, just less for me. Generally I over do it on the carbs. I do realize that 3 pounds a week is high. I like to aim high. I was off track with my healthy eating and exercise for 2 weeks so I'm just trying to make up for lost time. Don't worry, I wont be disappointed if I don't make the goal :)
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I could do it. You should not. With the amount you even have available TO lose, there's no way this could be very healthy for you. :/
  • protogrrrl
    Options
    Also, yes, I know, I am supposedly at a "healthy" weight where I am at right now...but if you saw how my body carried the weight, you would see that for me and my size I AM overweight. If I stayed the same weight but was super toned and sexy looking, I would be fine with it...but I'm not. I have some fat I need to lose and muscle to gain.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    New goal = 5 weeks to lose 15 pounds. I want to weigh 120 by the end of May. That's a reasonable goal, right?...3 pounds a week. Does anyone want to join me? I'm going to try eating less carbs, no added sugar, and no added salt. I want to be able to wear a bikini comfortably so I can show off my side tattoo while I'm still young!

P.S. I'm 5'2 and 136 lb.

NO
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is the best way.

Is quick weight loss possible? Sure. But you'll gain it right back.

It took me a year and a half to lose all my weight.. less than 5lbs a month normally.

I've been maintaining for over a year as of April 6th. So it's all about the end result, not how fast you got there. :)

ETA: I'm 5'2'' and 21 also!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    New goal = 5 weeks to lose 15 pounds. I want to weigh 120 by the end of May. That's a reasonable goal, right?...3 pounds a week. Does anyone want to join me? I'm going to try eating less carbs, no added sugar, and no added salt. I want to be able to wear a bikini comfortably so I can show off my side tattoo while I'm still young! :P

Add me :)

P.S. I'm 5'2 and 136 lb.

No...not a reasonable goal, especially since you don't have a lot of weight to lose. Without a lot of weight to lose, you do not have the fat stores necessary for a deficit big enough to sustain a 3 Lb per week weight loss goal in a manner that would be at all healthy.

With that little to lose and a big deficit, all you're going to do is eat up muscle and other lean body mass and ultimately stall your metabolism out. With a mere 15 Lbs to lose you should be shooting for 0.5 Lbs per week and hitting the weight room to change your body composition. A bunch of cardio and big calorie restrictions are only going to leave you at a lighter weight, but with a higher relative BF% because your body is going to burn that muscle up with a big calorie deficit.

Best of luck though