24 days eating clean and no loss - please look at my food

Options
2»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I ran for 45 minutes at a 15 min mile pace yesterday and my hrm said 500 calories burned. I know this is a slow pace so I want to know if that sounds reasonable. This is only my second run with a hrm as I just got it.

That sounds too high... 350 is probably more appropriate unless you were running up-hill. Heart rate monitors also include the calories you would have burned if you sat still. MFP already counts those... so when adding exercise, if you include them, you're counting them twice.

At most it would be a 60-100 calorie per hour "double count" ...what is also missing is the EPOC from exercise..in my opinion it's a wash and people do not need to worry about "double counting."
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Do away with "empty" calories and add more fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains! You will lose weight with these changes!
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    You need to be tracking exactly what you are eating, not guesstimates, Measure and weight your food.
  • NoRegrets_13
    Options
    Sorry but Special K and Taco Bell aren't exactly "clean" eating. Dump the processed crap and go fresh
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that you are gaining muscle! Muscle weighs more than fat. Are your pants feeling less tight? I bet your loosing inches. You shoulc start measuring your self. Keep positive the weight will come off! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches, it's working.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937709-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0 - by HelloItsDan)

check this out, this might help you :) it helped me. I normally do not go about throwing this out. but if your trying to loose fat and create muscle this thing rocks!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    In my world, losing a few inches in 3 weeks is an accomplishment worthy of a mini-splurge.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    Options
    I am thinking that you are gaining muscle! Muscle weighs more than fat. Are your pants feeling less tight? I bet your loosing inches. You shoulc start measuring your self. Keep positive the weight will come off! :)

actually that is wrong. Muscle and Fat weight the same :)
  • OMGeeeHorses
    Options
    Also for myself I would rather see inches shed then the scale move and that's what my scale has been doing for a very long time. I have lost like 10 inches and like the 27lbs I am showing, but I feel great so can't complain about a loss in anything :)
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'1" however my calorie intake is 1200 + what I burn excersizing. I have lost 4 lbs in 4 weeks and I am in per-menpause. Until I upped my excersise and counted my calories religously I was losing weight very slowly. Now my wieght loss is very noticable and this is all after doc said I would have a hard time because of my hormones. However I am taking vitamin supplements to help with my digestion and to help get my body back in balance.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What is your water intake? You can't get rid of it if you don't flush it out. try drinking 8 to 10 - 8 oz glasses of water daily ( I am a big hypocrite at this point- water is the bane of my life) BUT I see a significant drop of weight if I work out AND consume enough water. Not drinks- water.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    You need to be tracking exactly what you are eating, not guesstimates, Measure and weight your food.

The above is also what I would suggest.
    Get a food scale, use it, record what you eat, not what some entry that might be close.

I did well with using my TDEE -20% ( with my proper activity level) and not eating my exercise calories, because they are figured in to my TDEE number.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Clean, not clean. Who cares? Calories in/calories out.
    I think there are some glaring underestimations here,though.
    I saw two that were really obvious. The first was that you had a half slice of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake and it was about 131 calories. I think it's more calorically dense than that. By quite a bit. If you're substituting and had something else instead, you might be underestimating and over, but it's hard to tell.

The other was a nachos meal. That calorie count was a little over 300 I believe, and I really can't fathom that this is the case. Beef/cheese/nachos-I can already imagine it being over for a very small portion.

You should also start tracking your sodium to see how high it goes. Even if you don't have a sodium issue, it's good to see how high it gets especially when you're eating processed foods.

Are you drinking water?

The key to this is to eat what you like (in balance) but measure as close as you can. If you don't know the count for something, it's best to stay away in my opinion. If you go out, OVERestimate how many calories you are eating by 20-30% for cushion. When you work out, presume that you aren't burning as many calories as you think. That little cushion makes all the difference.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference between meeting you're caloric intake for the day and eating the right things to meet that limit.
    You are eating too many foods with high sugar content, that is un-naturally speaking. Also your meals are not complete and you skip some. It looks like you are also eating out too often.

April 21st - You had Denny's Egg Beaters Omelette, then for lunch you had two slices of pizza, then for dinner you're eating crackers and cheese. You might be under the caloric limit but again you are eating pizza and a dinner comprised of crackers and cheese.

April 22 - You start the morning off very well, brocolli florets, an egg, some yogurt...this is great. But....for lunch you are eating a Perkins omelette which is either frozen or at the restaurant and this is being followed by a 320 calorie cookie. For dinner you had Beef Nachos with cheese...this is a major no no. Also for a snack you had a Cheesecake Factory slice of cheesecake, all unhealthy calories and sugar.

April 23 - The day was very good until dinner. The Apple-bee's Cheesecake Shooter (370 calories) was more than you're two fish tacos you had (332 calories).

You have the right idea in mind. I believe you know what is healthy and unhealthy to eat but these short-cut meals and high sugar/calorie sweets are just going to create fat. You are going to see an amazing improvement if you cut these sweets and short-cuts out of the diet. Also pay close attention to serving size, today I had some Sabre hummus and noticed the serving size was 2 tbsps... I don't think any person can go in and only eat 2 tbsps

I agree. You can't exercise away a bad diet. And you are not gaining muscle. That won't happen in a calorie deficit - if you are following the USDA guidelines then you probably aren't getting enough protein - so that will keep it from happening. And men have to work very, very hard to increase muscle mass - they don't just go into a gym and start lifting. They also manipulate their macronutrients depending on where they are at in their training. To gain muscle mass you need lots of testosterone - women just don't make enough. And losing some muscle mass as you drop body fat is perfectly normal. Less weight to carry so less muscle mass needed.

And you aren't eating clean. Far from it.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Guaranteed the number of calories your consuming is higher than you think.
  • gettinfitin13
    Options
    I like Dr. Ian's FAT SMASH DIET because there is no calorie counting, but I needed my meals more structured so I use Dr. Phil's ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTION. The UWLS doesn't require counting calories either and I have found it easy to eat healthy balanced meals. Everyone is different and you may need to figure out what works best for you. Best of luck to you!
  • Athena42006
    Athena42006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to stop using restaurant food info to estimate what I ate and will also start recording my water intake. May will be better :)