Newbie on Ketogenic Diet for Fat Loss

Options
Hi all, I'm 41 and by most standards thin, but I am looking to reduce my body fat from 26% to the low teens. I'm trying the keto diet hoping it can help me accomplish my goal. I typically eat low carb so it won't be a problem for me to abstain from carbs, but I will miss my licorice! I tried the 4 hour body by Tim Ferris but I actually gained. Perhaps you have to have a significant amount of weight and fat to lose on that program? I'm hoping this will be different. I do see that it will be a challenge to keep my calories restricted and fat intake up in order to stay on this plan. Anyone that has tried it or is on it I welcome your input.

Replies

• redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was relatively thin when I began a ketogenic diet (5' 6" 155 lbs). I was able to lose 15 pounds in around 3-4 months. I stopped losing weight in January, and have even gained back a few pounds since then, but I'm alright with it. I think the biggest benefit of the keto diet is actually experiencing ketosis. I rarely feel tired anymore and it helps control hunger too! Good luck!
  • intriguess
    Options
    Thank you redwngs!