You look amazing! Great job... you should be very prould of yourself. ~
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Nice work, keep it up.
  • islandblonde
    islandblonde Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic job! Its amazing how slim you look after losing 100 pounds! You are my inspiration, I need to lose 100 pounds. Any tips you can offer? :):smile:
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Way to stay committed!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Fantastic!
  • cheriluvsdlm
    cheriluvsdlm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, I am new here and your pictures give me hope. Keep up the good work...it helps me lol
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    100_0620_zps04c80fff.jpg

Wow!! Congrats on your loss!!!!
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    Options
    You know, I just took the attitude that I wanted to not just diet, but completely address how I eat for the rest of my life. I basically and significantly increased the amount of veggies and fruit I eat during a day. I still eat meat, but it is lean and not nearly as much as I used to. I have a cheat meal whenver I have cravings, but I only have a cheat meal once a week (or two weeks). The cheat meal keeps me from "missing" my favorite foods. I have addressed the amount of sodium I take in. I am frequently over the recommended amount, but not by much and certainly not near as much as I used to have. I also reduced the amount of fat I consume.

My diet was the result of a consult with a dietician through my doctor. We sat down and hammered out what a typical day would look like. What I found is that I now eat 5 or 6 times a day (three meals and two or three snacks (usually fruit) during the day. I also drink water, coffee, and tea and stay away from soda whether diet or otherwise. I also have stopped drinking alcohol as much as I used to. I do have it, but only on special occasions (every day is not a special occasion! :bigsmile: ). I have found that the biggest contributor to my inability to lose weight and my incredible abiltiy to gain weight was almost exclusively related to drinking alcohol. So, controlling that part REALLY helped.

The other part of my life change is exercise. I exercise every day and take a rest day whenever I need it or my schedule is too busy. I used to not take the time to take care of me and I have made myself a priority for the first time in decades. I have set ridiculous goals that actually motivate me to enjoy working out. One of those bucket list goals is to complete a marathon within the official time limit of 6 hours. I also want to get down to a weight where I can go sky diving. I have learned that it is important to get below 250 pounds to sky dive so that you do not destroy the parachute when it pops open....that would be a bad thing! :sad: :noway:
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look like great! The difference from your start is phenomenal!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look terrific!!! Congratulations!!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You look great! The happy smile on your face made me tear up. I'm so happy for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!