Run or Dye Santa Barbara

Options
I pre-registered for this 5k (supposedly in August, but as of now undetermined) and I was just wondering if there are any other MFP folks who might be going. I'm fairly new to California, so I haven't got anyone else to run with, but I really wanted to try a 5k. I've heard this one is especially fun and I've been working out a couple of days a week (been using the Zombies, Run 5k app) since February to help prepare myself. I have a ways to go, but it'd be really fun to have others to share in the experience with!

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Whoaaaa, I live in Santa Barbara! I run once or twice a week. But, usually in the AM like 6AM!
  • jessmarionrai
    jessmarionrai Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to try to walk that early in the morning, but my work schedule has shifted so I work at night and wouldn't get much sleep if I got up so early. Lol. Have you done a 5k before? Have you done a Run or Dye before? I haven't been able to run even a whole mile yet, but I can feel myself getting stronger and my recovery time is shortening--which is exciting. :) And I've done a 5k jog/walk combo thus far, and walking 5k is a breeze, obviously, but I just hope I'm ready to run AT LEAST half of the 5k. Kinda just looking for someone to join in the struggle, ya know? Lol
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in that event, I'm pretty close to that area. I'm doing my first event this weekend, a 5k mudrun.
  • jessmarionrai
    jessmarionrai Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mudrun? That sounds like an absolutely ridiculous amount of fun.
    Let me know how it goes?