8 calorie frozen yogurt alert

Options
JVCB
JVCB Posts: 73 Member
Just a heads up for anyone living near a FroYo store that carries either "Only 8" or "Sweet 8" frozen yogurt. Gluten-Free, and only 32 calories and 7 carbs for 1/2 cup. Link to the "Only 8" nutrition label: http://www.only8frozenyogurt.com/nutritional.html

I can get the "Sweet 8" frozen yogurt in Colorado; it's absolutely wonderful and doesn't taste low-cal. I've had the Chocolate, Tiramasu, and Chocolate Mint flavors so far... all are great.

It looks like the "Only 8" brand is available in more areas, per this link:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/3740239/Where-you-can-get-the-Only-8-Frozen-Yogurt-32-cals-per-half/

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    OH my gosh. those flavors all sound so good. I will have to check this out. Thanks
  • mjcat002
    mjcat002 Posts: 15
    Options
    :sad: We only have menchies, not only 8.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    We had an awesome ice cream shop that sold Only 8-- but they got shut down for selling cocaine out of the establishment.
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    thank you, i'm so glad you discovered this!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    None in CA. :(
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thanks!!
  • suthrnrose
    suthrnrose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sure wish we had some of that in Mississippi! We do have one close to my town that is called Berry Berry Good which has really great frozen yogurt with only 25 calories per ounce and most of it is nonfat. It's delicious and it's still way less fatty and high calorie than ice cream.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    We have that at a local ice cream stand. But watch out--it's 8 calories PER OUNCE. "Small" sizes at most places are probably about 8 oz. Still not a bad treat for well under 100 calories, but I think a lot of people are fooled into thinking that it's 8 calories for the whole serving :)
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right, you have to be careful of portion sizes, especially if the yogurt shop dishes it out...

Our frozen yogurt place is "serve yourself", so I'm able to get 4 ounces (1/2 cup) for 32 calories (as per the nutrition label link in the original post) and my husband (who is diabetic) can get a lot more! We'll get a squirt of several different flavors, just for fun. Then we put fresh berries on top from the toppings bar. Even a full 8oz serving is pretty darn low in calories, although the carbs do start creeping up if you get carried away.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    None in CA. :(

You could check local frozen yogurt shops for a brand called Wow Cow. Will be at the mom and pop places, not the big names. But it's nine calories an ounce and pretty amazing stuff. I'm in Northern California and have it available at three local shops. They sell other yogurt too, then offer the Wow Cow in two to three flavors each day.