divorcing mcdonald's

Options
Knowing that this place is my weakness.....after receiving a nutritional book from them....i have decided that I will no longer eat there....

Yes there are ways to reduce the calories, such as eating with no bun....not eating the whole meal etc....BUT

I JUST CANT DO IT with mcdonalds...

my main weakness is the bigmac, apple pies and fries......but with this place, i'll eat almost anything off the menu...

For a long time i was in denial but then i recorded my entire meal once just to see how many calories I would eat in one day.....lets just say It was 3 times 1400 lol.....yes i'd say how i didnt eat that much...

oh well...Its a bitter sweet divorce but I know its something I have to do if I want to stay focused and not have to start back over one day.....

For those who can maintain and not overdo it at mcdonalds, please remember me and take a bite in my memory next time you go there :) lol

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Next time I'm there I'll take a bite out of the Southwest Salad for you :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, a McDonald's meal can last at least a year in your car virtually unchanged. If bacteria doesn't even want it... do you?
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    thank you.....i plan to get there one day to where i can go through and get a salad...:( just not there yet....that is one of my goals though....lol
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I can't stand McDonalds. I use to take my twins there all the time when they were little because we collected the toys (Beanie Babies)...oh my age!!! So, I just can't even eat there anymore and my 3 yrs old daughter loves Panda Express. I haven't taken her there in awhile, so I better check it out and see if there is anything I would want to eat within my calories. The other place my 15 yr old twins NOW like to go is Chili's. I looked at their menu and about died. Most meals are about 1100-1500 calories and the low-cal items I wouldn't eat. I tend to suggest other places now to go to instead of Chili's. I hate using all of my calories for one meal, even if I do eat 1/2 the meal.....

Hope you stay away from McDonalds this week!!!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    i love chilis....i dont know what you are looking at to have that many calories but i eat their margarita chicken, but i take all the stuff off the top...i dont eat gravy on potatoes and i dont get loaded potatoes..... at chili's i pretty much proportion but i did learn that apple bee's 7 oz petite steak, which is awesome, is only 200 something calories.....
  • YVHampton
    YVHampton Posts: 2
    Options
    it's great that you reconized that about yourself and know that you can go back when you can make better choices. I stay on a strick diet but give myself 2 cheat meals (not days) a week. That's when I go 4 the loaded fattening foods including Mcdonald's small fries and hot fudge sundae (320 calories) LOL, then I start back the next day with all clean foods. Until u can get to that point it's a good idea to JUST STAY AWAY!!

Wish you the best of luck with your food....it's 85% of weight loss and really is important to reaching your goals. :smile:
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your stopping McDonalds. I tour alot with a band I work with and thus forced to eat at McDonalds, I've found some 'healthy' options there, but honestly, I get what your saying.

For me it's soda. If I have even one Diet Pepsi, all of a sudden, I'm diving for chips/ice cream/cookies etc. For some reason, that seems to be the catalyst to this behavior. I couldn't figure out how to stop my binges for the longest time, but it seems that cutting my carbs way back and stopping the pop have curbed them for the most part.

Congrats for making the decision to pull away from McD's and you're going to be happier in the long run than the short run of tasting that Big Mac!
  • kjeezyrad
    kjeezyrad Posts: 2
    Options
    Mcdonalds + high calories = obesity !! = diabetes
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    " For those who can maintain and not overdo it at mcdonalds, please remember me and take a bite in my memory next time you go there :) lol " i have a 4 piece happy meal chikon nuggets for you :drinker:
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    lol thanks guys.....

it is true reality to me now....i use to always tell people....i'm not eating that much and technically, in my mind, i wasnt eating much but when i sit down and journal how i use to it, i'm like oh my heavens....

its been hard, especially doing away with cold drinks, mcdonalds and "trigger" foods but its worth it...I still eat things i enjoy eating but I just have no control now to eat certain things because of the no control with that peticular food......i'll probably be divorcing chinese too lol...i havent ate it since starting my journey so its been 2 months, but i tracked my normal chinese meal and almost had a heart attack lol...
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Kudos to you for recognizing a problem. More people should be so self aware. There is no shame in staying away until you are stronger. I wish you the best of luck!:smile:
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    i think you are very smart to recognize that you need to monitor yourself and part of that is avoiding Mcd's until you know it has loosened its hold over you. we all have to learn and avoid triggers for bad choices.

and as you mentioned looking up foods can add shock, so if you can always research and make a plan before you go.

for instance, chili's used to offer several "diet" sorta options. they've dropped them. so i won't go there anymore.

panda express does have some foods that work (not the fried stuff obviously) they do offer steamed vegies instead of rice, then you add the main course. You'll end up with a huge plate of vegies and not bad calories for a meal. However, like most food out, there is a high sodium hit. be sure to drink extra water to keep it processing.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I do not even go in at all! I do not want to be tempted to get something that is not good for me. Maybe later on when I am more strong towards food I might grab a salad.
  • RomyNine
    RomyNine Posts: 10
    Options
    I ate at a McD's about a month ago or so andthe only thing I can eat there is a hamburger or a 4 piece chicken nuggets. I don't drink soda anymore and I know their salads have loads of sugar.
    It was hard for me when I frirst weened myself off that... I used to go in and get a Big Mac or a one of those Bacon Cheese Angus Burgers but, I think about the amount of fat and calories and it just turns me off. So does the taste now... I'd much rather eat whole foods and stuff I cook. If I do get fast food it's usually Taco Bell and the fresco menu.
    Good Luck and have strength in keeping away from there.
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have found the grilled chicken snack wraps to be really good. I loved it with ranch but saved some calories by getting it plain. If you could go through the drivethrough with your eyes closed and just order one of those, it's a great mid-day snack.
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That is so great of you for recognizing your weakness and trying to eliminate it. I too have a problem with them and it was hard tonight because we drove by McDonalds and my 2 yo clapped cause she loves it. My kids are not obese or even overweight but eat there at times and my young kids love the happy meals. My 2 yo has a grilled cheese (we have a grilled cheese in Canada). I dont want them to think its ok to eat there all the time and that its ok and Im teaching them that indirectly. I too hope I can just kick that addiction and not go there. I am addicted to the food I think, but also the convenience of not having to make a meal.
    Thanks for sharing your story!