Planet Fitness

Options
Anyone else go to Planet Fitness? I just joined Tuesday.

Replies

• jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I do when I'm around them! I live in the sticks so I go to the Y out here and to PF in all the cities I go to :)
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    PF is definitiely a good bang for your buck, if you're self motivated. They don't have group classes which I need to stay motivated. But it's very good for what it is.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    PF is definitiely a good bang for your buck, if you're self motivated. They don't have group classes which I need to stay motivated. But it's very good for what it is.

Actually you can sign in every day for a class to work whatever part of your body you want. It's just not like the Y ;)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I heard they give out free pizza and candy and signal an alarm to kick out people grunting. -_-
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Really? Is this something new? Maybe I should re-visit them.

I have two gym memberships, one with NYSC and another smaller local gym. I'm a group class junkie, I feel the more I take justifies the price I spend on them. :)
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    They have group fitness, just not the same way.
  • carpediem4263
    Options
    I heard they give out free pizza and candy and signal an alarm to kick out people grunting. -_-

WHAT?!? I SO joined the right gym!
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    yeah at least once a month they have pizza night and they always have tootsie rolls and they do have a lunk alarm if you drop their weights LOL
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    yeah at least once a month they have pizza night and they always have tootsie rolls and they do have a lunk alarm if you drop their weights LOL

Dumb question... what the hell is a lunk?? :indifferent:
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    the people that grunt and throw weights and dress in cut offs and sleeveless t's
  • ViviLane
    ViviLane Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I canceled my 24-Hour Fitness membership to start up with Planet Fitness recently. It is definitely worth the monthly dues! I don't feel as guilty spending $10 for the month if I happen to miss a week at the gym!
  • carpediem4263
    Options

Dumb question... what the hell is a lunk?? :indifferent:

Lunk-
    A word made up by Planet Fitness used to describe one who grunts, drops weights, and judges. At planet fitness there is a lunk alarm that will go off if they believe you to be a lunk.
    Ex. Ryan is slamming his weights, wearing a body building tank top, and drinking out of a gallon water jug, what a lunk!
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Been a member for a year & half and love it!!!!