This may seem like a silly question...

Options
KEAVES13
KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
Are there any size 14 girls that are fit and happy with where they are? I have decided that I just want to be healthy and FIT and a size 14 looks good on me (way back when :)) Anyways..just looking for some motivation that curvy girls can be fit too!! Thanks for sharing!! :happy:

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Not silly :) you can be a size 14 and fit / healthy. I am watching not only my weight but my body fat. I was in a size 14 (last successful dieting) - when I hit a size 12 I was told I was getting TOO skinny! So depending on your form..a size 14 could be perfect for you!

Healthy does not necessarily mean a weight number!
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    when i was 326#, my goal was a size 14......once i maintained a size 14 for a few years...(ok, 14-16) i realized whoa....what if i lost another few lbs....i'm 5'4" and at 14, was still 210ish....no, i don't need to be 120 or any crazy # like that....but what would 160 look like? what would a size 10 look like? size is all relative...it's about how healthy you are......i saw a sign once that said (on a scale) THIS NUMBER DOES NOT DEFINE YOU.....best of luck!
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll ;)) I saw this plus size model on a post that was curvy and fit..and I definately wouldn't mind looking like her!
  • enid42
    enid42 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in a size 14. I'm happy. I started out in a 16-18.

What I'm happy with is myself. I'm proud of the work that I've put in to make it this far. I've developed healthy habits and am not going to go back to my unhealthy ways. I now view tracking my calories, saturated fat (heart health) and exercise like keeping track of my bank account. I don't have the luxury of not having a clue how much money that I have. I have to balance my money and I have to balance my calories, sat fat and exercise. Those people who can eat whatever they like and not gain weight or have health problems from it are like the billionaires to me. That's not gonna be my life and I'm okay with it. I have to live within my calorie means.

So yes, I am happy but I now know what I am capable of and it's much more than I currently am.

If I could make one suggestion, don't decide where you want to be. Don't decide what size you need to wear, how much you should weight or what percentage your body fat will be. Focus on today's food and exercise. Learn about nutrition, how much protein your body needs, what percentage of saturated fat the heart health association recommends, how much sodium the average person should eat to avoid high blood pressure. Get a physical, if you can.

Yes, curvy girls can be fit.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to be 25% bodyfat, which should be in the 12-14 range.
  • lmharger
    lmharger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    enid42 -- I haven't heard tracking calories, etc compared to balancing a bank account / money before, but I LOVE the analogy. I'm such a stickler about my money. It makes just as much sense to be a stickler about my diet and live within my "calorie means." The analogy puts a healthy diet and a tracking calories on the same level with other everyday responsibilities.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!