Calorie Limit....AGAIN :)

Options
SO I have read all of the different posts about your TDEE and all that, and I calculated mine and it says I should be eating about 1840 calories a day. I am scared to try it. I have been stuck at the same weight now for a while though, and I've been eating healthy and exercising since January. I was breastfeeding (just now stopping) and wonder if that has something to do with it. Anyway, I guess what I am looking for are success stories from people eating these 1800 calories diets, exercising, and still losing weight. Are you losing 2lbs/week? Less? More? Any input would be helpful, unless it is negative in which case you can keep it to yourself :)

Replies

• EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 1350 and stalled after two months. Switched to TDEE-20% and now eat about 1850 per day. Losing weight like a champ now! Also, feel better, more energy, and less grumpy.

Do it. You will not regret it!

ETA - I lose about 3.5 to 4 pounds per month. I am set up to lose about 1 pound per week, and I do once I average it out. Some weeks no loss, others I lose 2 or 3 pounds. It takes time.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Is your TDEE 1840 or is that your TDEE -20%? Don't be afraid. Try it for a month. If you aren't losing, adjust by 100 calories and repeat. Your body has energy requirements and food is just the energy you provide it. Nothing to be scared of. :-)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I lose about .5 to 1 pound a month on 1850.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you weaned the baby off? Usually if you are breast feeding theres a big caloric demand by your body. I wonder if this might be some of the stagnation you see?
  • BaackOnIt
    BaackOnIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1840 is at 30% of mine which was originally 2600 or so. I'm Female, 26, 5'6, 199, work out 3-5X/week !
  • BaackOnIt
    Options
    Is your TDEE 1840 or is that your TDEE -20%? Don't be afraid. Try it for a month. If you aren't losing, adjust by 100 calories and repeat. Your body has energy requirements and food is just the energy you provide it. Nothing to be scared of. :-)

1840 is at 30% of mine which was originally 2600 or so. I'm Female, 26, 5'6, 199, work out 3-5X/week !
  • BaackOnIt
    Options
    How long has it been since you weaned the baby off? Usually if you are breast feeding theres a big caloric demand by your body. I wonder if this might be some of the stagnation you see?

I am still weaning!!! It's been about 3 days since I've stopped BF completely!
  • BaackOnIt
    Options
    I lose about .5 to 1 pound a month on 1850.

I think you have much less to lose than me ;0) You look great!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

I am still weaning!!! It's been about 3 days since I've stopped BF completely!

Considering you are still weaning, you may want to increase your calories by a few hundred. Your body may need time to normalize before hiting the weightloss hard. :smile: Producing milk is hard work.
  • BaackOnIt
    Options
    Thank you all for the help. I am going to set it at 1840, see how it goes (not eating back exercise cals). So if I don't lose weight or not fast enough, then I will just lower my calorie limit 100 calories at a time until I find the perfect balance. Appreciate y'all!!!!!!! :happy:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, also, as soon as I stopped breastfeeding my kids the weight dropped off like crazy.
  • BaackOnIt
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, also, as soon as I stopped breastfeeding my kids the weight dropped off like crazy.

OMG K that is so encouraging because I have not lost a thing!!!!! SO frustrating because my first pregnancy I dropped it WHILE breastfeeding so I was expecting the same this time :( I'm happy though because I SEE the changes it's just the scale won't reflect em.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Nursing made me gain!!! I am also stuck. I think i will up mine too!! I am just like you being fearful of going that high but like you said, its finding the perfect balance.