35 lbs lost! [pic heavy]

Options
Hiya! So I posted topic about my progress a while ago and said I would update kinda frequently.
Sooo here goes!

Just some background info: I'm 19, and I started MFP on February 12th of this year. I was 222lbs when I started. I am 5'5", female and exercise about three to four times a week, since I work in a kitchen for 6 hours at a time. It's hard work man! I'm also a musician, so playing guitar and playing shows also helps me burn calories. I eat about 800 calories a day [I know, it's low] but I also take a vitamin every morning and stick to very healthy, very natural foods. Obviously this method has worked for me since I've lost 35 lbs in a little over 2 months. [:

Here are some pictures of me from last summer. I think I was 226 at this point:
2222222222_zps43d44fea.jpg
222222_zps9e7ab3a6.jpg
222_zps771ae074.jpg

These pictures were taken on April 1st, when I weighed in at 195lbs:
side_zps3e353fa4.jpg
1111195_zpsbddd6f8c.jpg

And these pictures were taken yesterday, when I weighed in at 187lbs!!
934600_10151418788251964_197311745_n_zps94f74e93.jpg
305844_10151418788396964_1922750036_n_zps42c7ec6b.jpg

I have 17 more pounds left to lose by June 21st, and I could not be more confident. I eventually want to get down to 140 and hopefully this summer will help me get there since I am working at a summer camp. I know it will take more hard work but I am determined to blow everyone away when I go back to college in August!

Just believe in yourself and you WILL succeed! <3
Snapshot_20130425_8_zps7e5b7031.jpg
Snapshot_20130425_5_zps8e194eaa.jpg
Snapshot_20130425_4_zps92916353.jpg

Replies

• Refined_by_Fire
    Refined_by_Fire Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! You did a good job. Keep it up. Your pix has motivated me even more to lose that weight.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd leave this here. 800 calories/day isn't a healthy way to lose weight.
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    GREAT Frickin' Job!!
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    800 calories puts your body in a starvation mode. In the long run, it will hurt your metabolic rate. Just be careful and slow down a little. Your mental attitude is great! Good luck and take care of yourself.
  • singerinsing
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. As for the whole 800cal/day thing: I'm not trying to promote it. People have been wondering what my own personal weight loss plan is, and that is what it entails. It does NOT by all means work for everyone. All I am trying to say is that it has worked for me since I have not gone into starvation mode and it has helped me eliminate all of the bad toxins and chemicals from my diet. Again, I would NOT recommend this to anyone. But I have found through my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that it works for me. End rant.
  • calibriintx
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. As for the whole 800cal/day thing: I'm not trying to promote it. People have been wondering what my own personal weight loss plan is, and that is what it entails. It does NOT by all means work for everyone. All I am trying to say is that it has worked for me since I have not gone into starvation mode and it has helped me eliminate all of the bad toxins and chemicals from my diet. Again, I would NOT recommend this to anyone. But I have found through my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that it works for me. End rant.

It doesn't "work" for anyone. You'll find out soon enough once you plateau and can't figure out why. Then when you try to eat more, because you won't be able to live on 800 cal/day the rest of your life, you'll gain it back. You can avoid this scenario by just losing weight at a healthy pace. Figure out your TDEE and start eating at a deficit. Or not. Your choice.

And you can say you don't recommend to others, but when you post in a success forum where people look to see how they can achieve those results, you're basically recommending it. It's like if I posted before and after pictures and said that I achieved my results by purging "but I don't recommend anyone else try it". Doesn't make it cool to post about it.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! You're doing amazingly! Can't wait to be in my 180s again too! Inspiration!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight, but no congrats on how you did it. You are starving your body and are likely losing all muscle and no fat.

Your heart and other vital organs are muscles too, so you could be damaging them for life. Please, 800cals is stupid. Sorry to be mean, but it is simply just stupid. You must be starving all the time and your body is clearly telling you that IT NEEDS FUEL!
  • lalionne
    lalionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i would have to agree with the others...although your recent photos look great (love that joker jersey)...but 800 calories is not healthy, not a good long term solution, and you will gain weight later when you end up having to eat more. also if you get stuck on thinking you need to eat this little, it could lead to an eating disorder. you can die from anorexia without being skin & bones. since joining MFP, i have upped my calories and have even considered doing it again...based on my height and how active i am. i don't even know how you work, do shows, exercise and only eat 800 calories. i think i'd be dying if i did that....
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I must have not been paying attention-- girl, I dropped 30 lbs, plateaued forever, kept cutting and cutting my calories and upping my exercise until I was netting less than 900 a day and I still couldn't lose.

I calculated my TDEE, started netting around 1800/.day and lifting heavy. I didn't lose any weight for the first few weeks but I tightened way up and after about a month or so lost another 5.

calculate your TDEE, subtract 20% and rethink your exercise. MUCH more sustainable.
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I work in a kitchen for about 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. 800 calories is not enough to sustain your lifestyle.

I would be one cranky ***** if I was only eating 800 cals a day.

tumblr_lk2duuqCMS1qdj6x1.gif
  • singerinsing
    Options
    Okay well, not to be mean, but I know how my body works. And 800 calories for right now is what MY body wants and needs. I have not plateaued and I don't think I will, because I KNOW HOW MY BODY WORKS. And you're right, I will have to start eating normally again. But I know about how portion control works, I know how to exercise properly and I know what not to eat. Again, this MY PERSONAL SUCCESS STORY. Obviously I've lost fat because you can see it on my body, especially in my tummy area. The point of this post was to show my success, take from it what you will. But this my body, and I know what I need to do to get it to where I want to be. I appreciate the advice, but what I am doing obviously works for me. You can call it stupid and irresponsible, but my body proves otherwise.
  • calibriintx
    Options
    tumblr_ly4t93RY871r1prf0.gif
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Are those laparoscopic scars? I have some from my gallbladder ecotomy that look just like that :)
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey! Great job. I never thought it was worth it to show a 30 pound down, but you proved otherwise. I'm a bit older than you, but I'm only an inch taller and my highest weight was the same as your. I lost 35 pounds from January to April. You are good inspriation for us all. Keep it up
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone's metabolism can adjust downward enough to reach equilibrium at 800 calories a day, so you probably won't plateau. But don't kid yourself, you're doing damage to your body.
  • kalea_kane
    Options
    That is awesome! You are a freakin' rock star girl! :)
  • calibriintx
    Options
    I don't think anyone's metabolism can adjust downward enough to reach equilibrium at 800 calories a day, so you probably won't plateau. But don't kid yourself, you're doing damage to your body.

Yeah, I deleted part of what I typed and left the portion about plateau in there by mistake.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss you look awesome! Just please be careful. At 222 you won't plateau eating very low cal, but now that you are in the 180s it is deft possible. Eventually your body WILL kick into starvation mode when it doesn't have as much fat left to burn in place of food for fuel. If you went into a coma, the hospital would be pumping around double what you are consuming to keep your organs doing their job. Not harping on you, just concerned as it is very hard to recover your metabolism once your body gets use to starvation mode.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!