"Aren't You Hungry?"...My Favorite Snack

Options
I am blessed to have lost almost 43 pounds since last Thanksgiving. I am blessed even more to have found MFP in late December. Commitment to a food plan each day and actually learning the calorie count for so many foods has given me a better understanding what to eat and how much to eat.

I am no nutritionist, but I know what I like...what works for me. My calorie count is way lower than many of you, but I am not able to work out at the gym. I am limited to exercises that I can do sitting down. I am pretty much confined to my desk chair, wheelchair and a few steps around the house on my walker. Some of you know that I am looking forward to double knee surgery in the future, when I finally get to Onederland.

However, I have been asked several times, both on MFP and by curious friends about my low calorie intake per day. The first question is usually, "Aren't you hungry?"

Yes, sometimes I am hungry; but most of the time, I have plenty to eat. This photo shows my lunch and afternoon snacks for today. That is a flatbread and turkey wrap with light mayonaise and lettuce. (calories 198) On the same plate is my peeled Grannie Smith apple (68 calories) and my Laughing Cow cheese (50 calories). The container on the left is full of radishes.

04-25-13SuesLunchampSnacks01_zpsecc4176b.jpg

Yes, I eat about that many radishes every day. They are my favorite snack. I like to have them at my desk, so I can nibble on them throughout the afternoon. That whole container of radishes is only 30 calories. No other snack that I eat takes so long to eat and satisfies my desire to crunch on something better.

04-25-13SuesLunchampSnacks02_zpse9afcf13.jpg

What is your favorite snack to nibble on, when you don't want to for the junk food?

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I also like laughing cow,all flavors.

Air popped popcorn and almonds are also on my list.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack would be the pumpkin cheesecake I have everyday before hitting the gym. It's homemade so I control what goes in it, and I dare anyone to try it and not think it's all fatty and sugary crap which it is not. :drinker:
  • MichaelaaJ
    MichaelaaJ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love snap peas!
  • gailwbh
    gailwbh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Roasted Chick Peas for me!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! I love radishes too.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I love radishes...I keep a bit of the top on though since the greens are just as good.
  • MichaelaaJ
    MichaelaaJ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack would be the pumpkin cheesecake I have everyday before hitting the gym. It's homemade so I control what goes in it, and I dare anyone to try it and not think it's all fatty and sugary crap which it is not. :drinker:

Recipe.. please! :flowerforyou:
  • saladtuesdays
    Options
    Broccoli and low fat dip for me, please!!
    Popcorn is high on my list as well. Yum!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely irrelevant, because I'll eat about anything.. But are you from Hanford??
  • LaurieBoehs
    Options
    Cheesecake I can eat for a healthy snack? Bring on the recipe Please! :)
  • drtina55
    drtina55 Posts: 1
    Options
    You and I are in the same boat, for a better lack of words. I also need double knee replacements. My Doctor was willing to go ahead and do one at a time, even at my highest weight of 286 pounds last Summer. However, I was NOT mentally ready for it at that weight. I joined MFP last June 22, and I have successfully lost 64 pounds. I too cannot use my lower extremities and use a walker to get around. I did find a Chair Zumba video and love it!!!

My favorite afternoon snack is a Rootbeer Float! IceCream Cup 100 calls. by GV. and a Diet Rootbeer 0 Cals. (Safeway) better than Mug or A&W :)

I LOVE Radishes and I like your idea of having a cup of them at the Computer. THANKS for the tip I just added Radishes to my grocery list.

Good Luck on your Journey !!!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake I can eat for a healthy snack? Bring on the recipe Please! :)

I third this.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    pickles
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Crunchy sweet red pepper strips.... love 'em...but only when they are 3 for $1 at Sprouts Market. :bigsmile:
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Cucumbers, with hot sauce an lemon. I call it a Mexican cucumber, and just something I've had since being a kid. I'm getting sick of hard boiled eggs, but that is usually on my list of snacks.
  • pkweltz
    pkweltz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is non fat plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of GNC 100% Standard Whey-Vanilla flavor and strawberries.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Photos and recipe, please! :)
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    My newest is sliced raw zucchini with low fat ranch.

And I add another plea for that pumpkin cheesecake recipe!!!
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt! :)
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hanfordrose you are my inspiration! You go girl!