Lunch ideas?

Options
Hey all,

I'm looking for easy to make healthy lunch ideas. I live in a dorm right now, so I have appliances, but as far as cooking goes I have a 10 inch sautee pan and a microwave (haha). Looking for easy to make things I can do without a lot of boiling and such. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers, peanut butter & banana sandwiches on Sara Lee 45 cal bread, protein bars, fresh fruit, etc
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I like the Healthy Choice frozen meals and take the to work for lunch. I personally would recommend staying away from the ones with dessert, as they usually boost my sugar numbers too high. Get the single item type - then have a piece of fresh fruit or Yoplait light yogurt. Snack on some almonds (watching the serving size). It's almost a daily workday ritual for me.
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    My lunches are usually always the same. I eat a tuna salad every day for lunch.... well on certain i replace it with a shake but usually I just mix a can of tuna with some light miracle whip, season it up, and put it on top of some mixed greens.
    Or grill a piece of chicken and eat it over greens.
    However, you can also buy light flatbread (90 cal per flat bread) and stuff it with lettuce, tomatoes and turkey meat, or grilled chicken.
    Fruit bowls are nice on hot days.
    Oh, and sometimes I just boil some potatoes (you can also stick it in the microwave ;) ) and just eat it with cottage cheese. But I only eat potatoes once per week.

Good luck :)

Edit: I will continue to edit this as I remember more meals :)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Tortilla (south beach 110 cal), 2 ounces meat (70 to 90 cal), a slice of cheese (50 to 70 cal), spicy mustard (5 cal) plus any lettuce, veges, spouts you want for a nice wrap. Add a side of fresh veges and a cup of soup (100 to 150 cal)...

Joseph pita bread (60 cal) with hummus (50 to 80 cal per serving) or fill it up with veges.

Make a salad and add tuna, hard boiled egg and/or sunflower seeds.
  • Kelle29
    Kelle29 Posts: 14
    Options
    boring maybe but I struggled with lunch at work for ages then suddenly i really liked cherry tomatoes so i would have a salad with cucumber and cherry tomatoes chopped i half. Every mouthful had a cherry tomatoe in it and was lovely! I ate it for about 4 months in a row :)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My husband and I stopped eating all processed food so now rely on salads (we like to make an extra serving or two of whatever protein we are having for dinner for our next days lunch, or I do make extra chicken breasts often), whole wheat bread with lite havarti and sliced chicken breast, or egg salad, or again whatever protein I prepared sliced thinly, veggies cut in munchie portions, cottage cheese, yogurt & berries . . . there are lots of options. We both work full time so have to bag our lunches so don't have access to anything other than a microwave at work.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really like lowfat cottage cheese wih strained pineapple chunks (in their own juice) and canned peaches (in pear juice)...no heavy syrup). I also like to make tuna salad sandiwiches. I mix a can of albacore tuna, with about 1/4 cup or so of unflavored yogurt (greek yogurt is best; such as fage), about 1/2 cup of canned corn, a tablespoon or more( if you like things spicy) of diced jalapenos (canned) and a bit of salt and pepper. Delicious between two slices of orowheat nut bread...Yum!
  • catherine167
    Options
    I am definitely going to use these! I already eat plenty of fruit (enough that I have to limit my sugar intake) so that's kind of out for lunch, but I had completely forgotten about tuna! Thanks all!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm looking for easy to make healthy lunch ideas. I live in a dorm right now, so I have appliances, but as far as cooking goes I have a 10 inch sautee pan and a microwave (haha). Looking for easy to make things I can do without a lot of boiling and such. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

If you like sandwiches, they have the sandwich thin buns for 100 calories and you can make tuna salad. Also, you can sautee some fresh veggies (zucchini, yellow squash and onion or red, yellow and green peppers) and serve with some grilled chicken.
  • tabika05
    tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love salads with the precooked chicken breast strips. Check at the grocery store near the chicken for these packages of chicken...they are amazing in salads. I use a whole grain wrap that's only 100 cals. and spread nonfat cream cheese or avocado and add anything I want into the wrap. I also love "snacky-food" meals. This includes whole wheat crackers and cheese, cut up veggies and fruit, tuna on crackers, small cucumber and cream cheese sandwhiches.

Hope this helps!!
  • jcmkbseg
    jcmkbseg Posts: 5
    Options
    hi there tuna works well for me also we have a low cal mexican one on a rye wrap with all the salad stuff or cruskits with tomatoe pickled onions asparigas ,mussles , or prawn salads .im eating realy well