New here

Options
Hey everyone! Im Nikki. i joined Myfitnesspal to lose some weight(and keep it off!!). Im looking for some friends on here for support and help me understand this site a bit better. Thanks! Good luck everyone on their path to a healthy life!

Replies

• KaylaMack0215
    KaylaMack0215 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! I'm fairly new too. Feel free to add me!
  • Emmadivens
    Options
    Hi everyone. I too am new to this. When I went to the doctors for my physical I was 167 pounds, 30 pounds over weight, so a friend told me about this, I started it. I think it is helping. However, some of the measurements are not good. Like rice, it only gives you a cup of rice, well, what if you only had 1/2 or 1/3 of a cup, that isn't in there, so calories really don't add up correctly, I just have to figure I will minus some. I want to lose weight to get off the blood pressure meds and to stop smoking. I need to lose 30 pounds to do so. I live on the beach so I can walk about an hour or more a night, no problem, that burns calories, I'm limited to 1200 calories, however, I get extra for exercising. I do not take the extra calories (eat additionally). I bought a scale, for the first time, got on it and my weight was 161. Did I really lose 6 pounds in two days? Don't think so. So now I have to start with what my scale indicates and go from there. I just wish the calorie counter was better. I will eat strawberries for a snack, but I wont have a cup of half strawberries, maybe a 1/2 and that's it. My oldest daughter will be home in July for a month, she lives in California, going to College. My goal is to be down by 20 pound for her visit. I hope I can do it. I live alone and not many friends to encourage me. I hope you all can help. There are days when I really don't want to do the walk and just relax with a cocktail. I have a stressful job. Thank you for welcoming me.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I too am new to this. When I went to the doctors for my physical I was 167 pounds, 30 pounds over weight, so a friend told me about this, I started it. I think it is helping. However, some of the measurements are not good. Like rice, it only gives you a cup of rice, well, what if you only had 1/2 or 1/3 of a cup, that isn't in there, so calories really don't add up correctly, I just have to figure I will minus some. I want to lose weight to get off the blood pressure meds and to stop smoking. I need to lose 30 pounds to do so. I live on the beach so I can walk about an hour or more a night, no problem, that burns calories, I'm limited to 1200 calories, however, I get extra for exercising. I do not take the extra calories (eat additionally). I bought a scale, for the first time, got on it and my weight was 161. Did I really lose 6 pounds in two days? Don't think so. So now I have to start with what my scale indicates and go from there. I just wish the calorie counter was better. I will eat strawberries for a snack, but I wont have a cup of half strawberries, maybe a 1/2 and that's it. My oldest daughter will be home in July for a month, she lives in California, going to College. My goal is to be down by 20 pound for her visit. I hope I can do it. I live alone and not many friends to encourage me. I hope you all can help. There are days when I really don't want to do the walk and just relax with a cocktail. I have a stressful job. Thank you for welcoming me.

You can always change the serving size to 0.5 or 0.33 or 0.25 depending on how much of a cup you want