HELP HELP HELP!

Options
Candice83
Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
I bought some prawns from the supermarket and put them in the freezer as i do with all my meat.. i figured id have them for dinner tonight so i pulled them out last night to defrost. Today i was just entering in the nutrition info for the prawns when i noticed in tiny little writing on the back that says Prawns previously frozen do not re freeze. ****... so i was wondering.. even though i have re frozen them.. will they be okay to eat or do i have to throw out my beloved prawns? :(

Replies

• SandraMay1982
    Options
    My mum just laughed and said "uh. no".

cook them and re-freeze them.
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    apparently its not gonna make you sick.. it just affects the quality of the prawns.. i can still eat them.. :)
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I moved out from my mum's house about 4 months ago and these are the sort of things I still have to call her about when i'm in the supermarket!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    They will be OK I'm sure. You put them in the freezer as soon as you got them home and did'nt leave them laying about, they will be fine.
  • Stella_Does
    Options
    Personally I don't pay too much attention to freezer rules and I seem to be OK! And I don't have a particularly strong stomach either!