Insanity is really insane

Options
So I just did the fitness test of Insanity (Day 1) and I had to stop to take breaks even during the warm-up it was that bad.
I feel from my results that I'm SOOOO out of shape for the pushup jacks I could barely do one perfect one but was able to do 10 regular pushups on my knees (better than doing nothing)

Switch kicks- 41
power jacks- 40
power knees- 68
power jumps -22
globe jumps-8
sucide jumps- 12
pushup jacks-1 but 10 regular pushups on knees
low plank oblique- 29 (though I highly doubt I had good form)

Next 60 days will kick butt

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    keep at it!!!! you will love it!! and you will improve so much by time 60days get here!
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    I want this badly. Good luck on your journey with it! :)
  • InsanityMan84
    Options
    Insanity will make almost anyone feel like they're out of shape. When you get into the videos, you'll see how tired even those 'fit' people are doing the workouts which is actually pretty cool. It makes you realize, well if they're tired, you know it's gotta be brutal. I did 6 weeks of it and then switched back to P90X for 3 weeks. I only switched because I wanted to put just a little more muscle on before my friends' wedding. I got complemented by a few people that I hadn't seen for awhile which made all those workouts since late January worth it. Just keep at it and you'll be amazed how quickly your endurance improves! Good Luck!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    phitme: I got it used off amazon since I couldnt afford to buy it new....

it's weird but Im actually exicted to exercise for once like I cant wait for tomorrow to do Day 2 even though I already watched it but didnt do any moves so I could see how to do the moves before actually doing them and seeing the intensity of it....
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Best advice someone gave me when I started Insanity...do NOT look at the month 2 workouts until it's time to do them. Seriously...no peeking!
  • Stella_Does
    Options
    I read a review of this recently and I really want to give it a go! I'm a bit scared of it though to be honest!
  • Kat_1
    Kat_1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I hate it. I much prefer P90X or just some good, old fashioned running.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I much prefer P90X or just some good, old fashioned running.

Once I got through the warm-up, I was okay with the workouts. That said, I despised the warm-up EVERY, SINGLE DAY! I did my 60 days, and have done some of the workouts on occasion since then, but have no desire to do another 60 days straight through. I'm glad I did it, I'm grateful that I did it and completed it successfully (as it was a challenge), but I did miss strength training and I found that there's not nearly enough stretching in it for me to stay injury free.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Best advice someone gave me when I started Insanity...do NOT look at the month 2 workouts until it's time to do them. Seriously...no peeking!

I am beyond scared of the second month. I workout with my husband and he's excited about the second month.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    does anyone modify all of those pushups like the ones where you move to left and right or the ones where you jump your legs out as well since i can still only do them on my knees
  • edorice
    Options
    Yes, I modify sometimes. However, I don't like to do it all the time.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

I've already watched all of the dvd's and have been doing the first 30 days dvd's for close to a month now. Month two dvd's look crazy but I think I'll be ready.
  • edorice
    Options
    I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MAX RECOVERY TOMORROW.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    insanity is super insane... but you do feel a sense of acomplishment. Keep at it, you'll do great!
  • dollbaby4
    Options
    Insanity is awesome! Keep it up! After a few days, you'll be surprised at how much more you can accomplish. My bf and I are doing it and we are on the beginning of week four. I've gotten to the point where I actually crave my next workout!! I'm addicted to Insanity!!!