Get healthy to lose weight, don't lose weight to get healthy

Options
I've been doing a lot of research about why i seem to gain weight in certain areas and not others and i found this very interesting topic on body types and how your body type determines where and how much weight you store or lose, and since i started eating according to my body type, i am seeing amazing results. The trick is to know what body type you fall under, know when to eat, exercise and what foods trigger weight gain for you. This is the link to the proper diet you should be following for you body type. It helped me, hope it does you.

http://www.hcmionline.com/education/glandular_type_diet.pdf.
:smile:

Replies

• nursek_2010
    nursek_2010 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    apparently i'm a gonad body type... but i've been eating basically that way, so looks like i should keep doing what im doing! :)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Once again I don't fit in. No type for me.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Oh, no! I have all the cravings from all of them! :wink:
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I don't fit in anywhere either. I don't know why we always need to put people into boxes. But I am glad you have found something that works for you.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    hmm link doesn't work for me
  • dayaisy
    dayaisy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    me either
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    hmm link doesn't work for me

^^^^This
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    my cravings are random
    some days i crave mexican and spiced food or spicy other days i crave fatty food and others are sweets.

im glad you found what works for you, but for some people like me, it wouldnt be the best. to keep what they are doing for themselves..

whatever im doing its working well for me. ^^ lost 10 lbs. <3
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    i-don-t-wanna-o_zps1a7e44f6.gif
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i-don-t-wanna-o_zps1a7e44f6.gif

Awesome!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    oh goody! more myths on MFP
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Becoming active and getting to a healthy weight is what really improves your overall health. What you actually eat while you get there makes very little difference within reasonable limits.

And the "glandular diet" thing? Totally dumb.
  • MissAsanda
    MissAsanda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    True. I guess, we all just have to stick to what works for you at the time, i had tried everything, but have never lost my hips, bums and thighs. I work out a lot, as a result have a flat belly with visible abs, but my bums and thighs would never lose weight just got more toned and bigger and i didn't want this, I've been eating 6 small meals a day, working out everyday, drinking water and eliminated most bad foods, so i guess it really does depend on individual cases, find what works for you and stick to it, is what i'd say and only you can lean your body, nothing wrong with trying. I tried everything until i found what works for me.