Scale went up two lbs, ugh, doing everything right!!!!

Options
How can I gain two pounds? I am exercising, eating calories, unless it is water weight!:mad:

Replies

• Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Join the club, I have gone up 3 pounds. I am going to just keep slugging at it.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water weight unless you ate 7000 calories more than you should have.
  • pleasetheswolegods
    Options
    Make sure you are weighing in at the same time, and as unpleasant as it may seem keep track of bowel movements/urination so you know it's not either of those factors. I weigh in every morning at the same time, fasted. Also your weight will fluctuate every now and then, and that's fine.

However, if neither of those things seem to be the problem, you may be at a plateau.. which means it's either time to cut a few calories or to increase your workload. Preferably increase your workload, because everyone likes eating right?
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE YOUR INCHES
  • lobo_a_gogo
    Options
    and/or take pics. I can vary 10 lbs in a day, 20 lbs in a week, but the camera never lies.
  • SantaGinetta
    SantaGinetta Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, think I need to start some cardio and running.
  • lmnconn
    lmnconn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake and your carbs. Too much of both of those make me retain water
    Drink lots of water and sweat it out.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    Options

have you thought about heavy weight lifting? I sound like I'm a freakin salesman these days because of how much I've been promoting it, but when I hit a huge plateau, heavy weight lifting is what got me losing inches again. Scale has barely gone down, but I've started looking much better (see profile pic)
  • SantaGinetta
    Options

have you thought about heavy weight lifting? I sound like I'm a freakin salesman these days because of how much I've been promoting it, but when I hit a huge plateau, heavy weight lifting is what got me losing inches again. Scale has barely gone down, but I've started looking much better (see profile pic)
  • SantaGinetta
    Options
    I would love to lift, but having shoulder problems, need surgery just finished PT. Stinks! You look great by the way!
  • lobo_a_gogo
    Options
    I would love to lift, but having shoulder problems, need surgery just finished PT. Stinks! You look great by the way!

Thanks! Even if you can't do a lot of heavy upper body, you can do some body weight exercise with lower (squats w/o a barbell, swiss ball crunches, lunges, step-ups [stepping up on a stair, but making sure you're lifting yourself with your elevated leg rather than pushing off with your trailing leg too]) it sounds weird, but at least half of the heavy weight lifting I've been doing can be done without upper body if you're having upper body problems :)
  • SantaGinetta
    Options
    Thanks for the information, I will research it, not too familiar with that.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are weighing in at the same time, and as unpleasant as it may seem keep track of bowel movements/urination so you know it's not either of those factors.
    if your poo weighs two pounds you should see a Doctor that's the same weight as a bag sugar! . The weight of bowel movements is negligible.
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Your weight might go up after a big workout. Or it could be slow digestion.

Just keep on with what you are doing and stay as active as you can.