Do you exercise a lot simply so you can pig out later?

I've kind of had this problem recently, lol. I used to do portion control but I just...can't. I'm a very hungry person, I suppose lol. So do you go out and work your buns off just so you can have maybe double your calorie intake to eat later? That's what I did today, almost. I sort of feel guilty for it because it simply seems as if my hard work earlier just went down the drain. Anyone else feel that way?

Replies

• I do it ALL the time! haha
    I figure you eat your exercise calories back so why not?
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    I've pigged out (pizza past being full) and then worked my butt off to burn the excess calories...which sucked lol. I also worked out in advance knowing that I was eating out and likely going to have a pretty high count. I also did do an extra 15min just so that the 40calories in the Thin Mint cookie I was craving wouldn't put me in the red lol. But I wouldn't say I exercise in order to pig out later, no.
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    I do the same thing sometimes and i still have been losing weight!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,894 Member
    I do on days I go to the movies!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Not really, just because I find it counter productive. But then again I eat tdee -25% and dont eat any cals back I eat a flat 1500-1700. I cant stand it when I dont work out though, I have to at least get some heart pumping cardio in there or I start getting really really cranky.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Yep, do it all the time :) I pre-enter all of my food for the day so I know how many calories I will have to burn during my workout to eat what I want to eat for lunch and dinner. Doing this is the only thing that keeps me from breaking down and binge eating every week - which I'm prone to doing if I restrict my food intake. Just do what works for you - as long as you're keeping it at a deficit, I'd say you've found something that works for you.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    I get what you are saying. We have all done it, but i don't anymore.
    Why? Because the faster you stop doing that the faster you will see results.
    There isn't really a point to me to go work my *kitten* off just so i can go eat a taco from Taco Bell and ruin all the hard work i just did.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    No, but a lot of people who go to my gym do. They admit that they only workout so they can eat whatever they want.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    it is a balancing act. Yeah, I like to exercise partially to increase intake.. but then again, if you think about it, food is fuel for your body's activities... The more you do, the more you need to eat. Yes, it can be taken to the extreme... However, if you are up doing things, it is important to fuel your body accordingly.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Ha! I do that every day. Just eat whatever you want then work it off, it's easy.