Second attempt - about 100lbs to lose

Options
icetopaz
icetopaz Posts: 28 Member
Hi, I'm back here again for a second attempt at losing 100lbs plus and am really hoping to connect with others who are in a similar position for mutual support and encouragement. To complicate matters I also have type II diabetes. Over the past months, I lost 15lbs very slowly by just reducing my carbs, but now I think I really need to start calorie counting too and beginning some exercise at home.

Replies

• Mextica
    Mextica Posts: 2
    Options
    I did it and NEVER counted a calorie or carb grams or any of that stuff. Eat a plant based diet and eliminate ALL white food (dairy, sugar, flour). Remember, this is a change in diet and NOT a diet!!! Once you loose all the weight you'll be off the meds too!
  • icetopaz
    icetopaz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did it and NEVER counted a calorie or carb grams or any of that stuff. Eat a plant based diet and eliminate ALL white food (dairy, sugar, flour). Remember, this is a change in diet and NOT a diet!!! Once you loose all the weight you'll be off the meds too!

That's great - do you mean that you gave up all meat and fish as well as dairy? Did you eat plants raw - i.e. a raw vegan diet?
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! :) I'm not new, but recently rededicated to this journey and getting healthy. I'm 26 and need to seriously make some changes to have the life that I want. I'm trying to log every day and do my best to comment when I can and also upwards of a hundred lose. If you'd like another friend feel free to add me!

You got this!
  • robinellis
    Options
    hey there! i too am on my second attempt here. i did really well the first time and lost 70 pounds but i started a new job and just didn't make the time to continue and have gained it all back and some more. i also have 100+ pounds to lose. would love some motivated friends.