CHICAGO MFP's?

Options
Afra84
Afra84 Posts: 20 Member
Hi Guys,
anyone out there from Chicago? I am originally from Germany but made the second city my home. Gained weight when I moved to the US and lost 40lbs in 2010 and am here to finish what I started.
Would love to connect with active MFP's in the windy city. I love running even though I injured my hip during the Chicago Marathon in October with lots of PT I am hoping to be back on the lakefront very soon:-)

Would love to hear your story and connect. Lets get/stay fit!

Replies

• iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi! I am out in the western burbs if that counts.

Where in Germany are you from? I lived in Mannheim/Heidelberg for 6 years. I miss it everyday! :)
  • Afra84
    Options
    Hallo wie geht's? Ich komme aus Bremen. Of coarse that counts maybe I should have posted Chicagoland area ;-)
    I miss it/home it too, even though I like it out here as well. But since my whole family lives in Germany I miss them a lot. I'd love to connect here on MFP.

Viele liebe Gruesse :-)
  • Afra84
    Options
    PS: WTG loosing all that weight. What an accomplishment:-) Keep up the good work.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Ahh aus dem Norden! Very nice!

I was there with the Army from 1998-2004. I think about it everyday and would like to make my way back there this summer or fall.

And thank you. It's been a long but fun journey!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Chicago (Chinatown area) and burbs (Forest Park/Oak Park/River Forest). I live in southern California now, but Chi-town will always be home. I am super home-sick and it gets worse every time I visit! I was just there for two weeks in December to visit family & it hardly even snowed :-(...