Best way to track your exercise?

Options
So I want to know everyone's views on their preference on tracking your exercise. I've seen A LOT of people using the FITBIT. I'm not quite sure what that is, and if you use it, please tell me the details on it. I know the datebase on here for the cardio is limited to alot of things. Like for one the treadmill isn't an option. When I do use the treadmill, I select the walking at 2.5 mph or 3 mph and go from there and track the calorie deficit.

I am trying to find a better way to track my exercising rather than constantly having to find it in the database here.

Thanks for you insight :)

Replies

• krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A HRM is great. I don't have one yet, but you know how many calories burned and it's far more accurate than MFP's calculations. For now I use the Endomondo app which automatically adds data to MFP when you complete the workout and has a decent selection including treadmill (I use it for walking as well since it has a GPS feature that tracks my routes. I use it and RunKeeper simultaneously if I'm not on a treadmill.) If I had a HRM I could use that with it, I think. I don't eat all exercise calories burned back, though, since I don't have a HRM and am not sure how accurate it is.