Who's SERIOUS?

Options
I spend a lot of time on this site logging my food and trying to offer support to my MFP friends. The problem is...I have a friend list of almost 200 people, and there are only about 20 that I see regularly posting, commenting, and logging their food/exercise.

My point is...I want friends who are present. I want friends who are supportive and who need support given back to them. I want friends who log in everyday and who are serious about reaching their goals--I don't need a ton of "friends" only for them to sit on my friend list and never be heard of again. That does me no good.

So--if this is you, add me =)

Replies

• TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Aside from the weekends (of which I still pop in) I am on here fairly often and always happy to support and motivate my friends. I like to give daily challenges and motivational quotes and what have you...

...and I am just awesome.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to delete a lot of friends. What's the point if it's only the auto posts, or if you don't feel a connection.
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel!!(: sent you a friend request!
  • K81964
    K81964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Think the problem here is that the word 'friend' has lost its meaning.......I may talk to people on various boards at various times; I am a member of around 20 forums covering health, fitness and business; I don;t log in every week, sometimes not for a month or more, and even those that I am very active on I don't consider the other contributors to be 'friends', merely aquaintances with similar interests or goals.......I talk with/to people when they are there or ask for help, I don't have lists, I just help as and when and would expect the same in return.
  • Dragoness1980
    Dragoness1980 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree. Even when Ive had a shocker entry (eg takeaway) i still log it. Not just for me but the idea that others can see it is enough to make me think again later. Yet i find other people only log on good days. I dont see the point in that!
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    Think the problem here is that the word 'friend' has lost its meaning.......I may talk to people on various boards at various times; I am a member of around 20 forums covering health, fitness and business; I don;t log in every week, sometimes not for a month or more, and even those that I am very active on I don't consider the other contributors to be 'friends', merely aquaintances with similar interests or goals.......I talk with/to people when they are there or ask for help, I don't have lists, I just help as and when and would expect the same in return.

Obviously we don't "know" these people on the level of a true friend as one might define it. At least, yet. However, we're here to find people who understand and can offer support, stories, tips, kicks in the *kitten*, etc. Part of being accountable and on top of our goals, especially if we have weight to lose, is logging in everyday. To each their own.
  • thelastseneschal
    Options
    I havent been as active as of the last couple weeks. finals time at school. but im still going good on diet and try to log in daily. ill be back soon. plz dont kick me from friends :/
  • rireland39
    Options
    I am active, and like to view diaries for the purpose of doing for others what I would like myself, accountability and honesty. Feel free to add me. I don't really do the forums, but instead comment only on friends achieveents.

Rebecca
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am. Why would I be here if that wasn't the case? This site has actually created a monster, I am so motivated about being active and eating better it surprises even myself. I am on everyday, unless the computer updates then it logs me off, I log everything and also comment on friends posts or forums if need be. Feel free to add.
  • cc141
    cc141 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would love more active friends. I log daily and try to support as much as I can.
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    I always log my exercise but dont always get time to log everything I eat. I am a supportive friend and hope for the same in return.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I normally Prune my friends list every now and then. Though I try to keep my list small due since I do try to leave feedback on my news feed.
  • justiceforever
    Options
    I am new to mfp and very excited to be! I Am very serious about losing weight and this forum is JUST what I needed! I sent you a "freind" request.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    why_so_serious__by_tyrite.jpg

Seriously though, I'm pretty serious, but about to go away for 5 weeks. So I'll seriously be living it up in the USA and not logging in until I come back at the beginning of June and will have to get serious again from eating seriously good American food for 5 weeks.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I hear you! I have been on everyday and will continue to..unless I like lose my phone or something, lol. Add me!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    why_so_serious__by_tyrite.jpg

Seriously though, I'm pretty serious, but about to go away for 5 weeks. So I'll seriously be living it up in the USA and not logging in until I come back at the beginning of June and will have to get serious again from eating seriously good American food for 5 weeks.
    Came for the picture. Leaving satisfied.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm pretty serious on here and extremely dedicated to my own goals. My entire life at the moment revolves around fitness and living healthy. I do try to encourage and support the few friends I have but some days I'm just beat!
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    thanks for all the replies guys =)
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on all the time, too much actually lol.
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on all the time, too much actually lol.

haha--too much may be me too. Oh well!