Bruising

Options
Does anyone notice that after weight loss that they get bruises easier? I dont know if its from less fat buffering, or that since Im more active, Im bumping into stuff a lot more. I did see a doctor and am getting blood work to check all, but over all I feel really healthy. If you have any thoughts, let me know :)

Replies

• lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As an incredibly clumsy person who falls into everything I can say that I do bruise easier as well, it's not just you :)
    I've always got at least one bruise all the time, I currently have a spectacular one on my knee where I banged it at work.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Im clumsy too. have you noticed now more so that the lbs are coming off.
    Congrats on your weight loss, I saw your ticker, awesome girl.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I have noticed it too, I not only burise more, but also quicker. I can almost watch them form after I bang into something. It makes sense though, you have more blood closer to the surface and it doesn't have as much fat to travel through. :laugh: :laugh:
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Definitely more bruising yeah, and they stay for longer as well.
    And thanks :)
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am also clumsy and I have noticed it more, maybe since I am more active I am rushing a bit more and not being as careful.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am more clumsy but I do seem to be bruising alot more. I ran into like 6 things one day last week and it looks like someone beat me with a huge stick! LOL ... I notice it the most on my hips bones though--they seem to stick out more (less fat around them) and it seems I hit them on everything because I am soo short. So I at least have one bruise on either side at any given time! LOL
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Try upping your intake of vitamin C (the obvious citrus fruits, as well as tomato sauce) and vitamin K (spinach, other green veggies). Bruising is a common sign of low-intake. If you're exercising hard, you'll need even higher levels than the average-Joe, so make sure the calories you eat are nutrient-dense:-)
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    thanks pal
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've always heard it's Vitamin B so I confirmed it on WebMD, This is the direct quote:

Sudden unexplained bruising or blood spots under the skin or a sudden increase in the frequency of bruising may be caused by:

- A medicine, such as aspirin or blood thinners (anticoagulants).
    - Infection that causes the buildup of toxin in the blood or tissues (sepsis).
    - A bleeding or clotting disorder, such as hemophilia, von Willebrand's disease, thrombocytopenia, or another less common bleeding or clotting disorder.
    - Other diseases that affect clotting. Examples include:
    - Chronic inflammatory diseases, such as lupus.
    - Liver disease, such as cirrhosis.
    - Some types of cancer, such as Hodgkin's disease, leukemia, or multiple myeloma.
    Inflammation of a blood vessel (vasculitis).
    - Malnutrition, such as deficiencies of vitamins B12, C, or K, or folic acid.