New Milestone

Options
This weekend I got in my first century 100 mile bike ride. I averaged a low speed at 16mph. The 100 mile ride was crazy, We were 36 miles in to doing a 75 and I felt great so I said lets push it. We stopped at mile 50 to refuel and I was regretting it then. My legs were shot and I was dog tired. But there is no way back but on the bike so...I had to ride. Up until this one my biggest ride was 50 miles and considering I just started in the middle of April when I got this bike I thought I was over my head for sure. I went through so much gu, gatorade, water and cliff bars that I almost emptied my whole stash. I was able to stay hydrated and I think the last 15 - 20 miles we kept an 18mph pace. At that point I was in a different world. I have parts of my body hurting that I did not know could hurt. OVerall I feel awesome that I did it, all the people I know think I am crazy which makes it that much more enjoyable.

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Way to go on a great accomplishment!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That is great, way to go. Isn't it an awesome feeling when you complete 100 miles. I did 1 about 12 years ago and hope to do another this year or next.
  • nibert
    nibert Posts: 5
    Options
    At about mile 60 I didnt think there was any way I was gonna make it but I just kept trucking along and made it. I know my limits now for sure. Luckily it was a paved trail ride and they had it routed through towns to stop and refill drinks etc. I feel like I certainly accomplished something.