Buying an elliptical...

Options
My husband and I are thinking about buying an elliptical. I'd like to know which one do you use and what do you like or dislike about it? Currently i like to use DVD's but having an elliptical for would be better for him due to his knee injuries.

Replies

• Tashie_bailiff
    Options
    I bought an elliptical last year and used it for a while and then quit but I've recently started back and I LOVE it! But my advice, if you're serious about buying one and want a good quality, don't go cheap. We paid 1300 for mine and it was on sale. I did a lot of research beforehand because that is a LOT of money to me but for the quality and warranties, it was well worth it. We have a SOLE E35 and it is a gym quality in my opinion. Research a few different brands and read the customer reviews!! In the end, get whatever brand you feel would suit you and your husband the best! Good luck!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I personally feel you should actuelly try it before you buy it. Some feel very different. I bought a Reebox. It was spendy but it has lasted through some real usage. Any one you find that you like, no matter what, look for online reviews for the model. Nothing gets all perfect reviews but i really reccomend doing your homework.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-A40-Elliptical-Trainer/14660320
    That's what I've got at home. It's on the less spendy end, but this is a case of getting what you pay for. Hard-to-read screen, completely useless fan and heart rate monitor, and after just 20 days of use, it's developed a loud click every time the right side makes a revolution. But it has several "courses" to choose from, you can set it for time, and it kicks my butt.