Insanity - calories burned

Options
Today I did disc 5 (pure cardio), my new Polar FT7 :love: , tells me that I have burned 483 calories, does that sound right to you? Seems like a lot of calories
JC

Replies

• lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi - I also did day 5 Pure Cardio today! My Garmin 210 tells me I burnt 510 calories. I'm 5"8 and weigh 9st 11 (and thought I was quite fit until I started the Insanity challenge and got my butt well and truly kicked by the fit test!) if that helps.

The other days I was averaging about 460. I think I burnt more today due to the lack of breaks :laugh:

I'm going to trust my HRM and try not to worry. From what I've read elsewhere I think our numbers sound about right.

Woo Insanity! :drinker:
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi - I also did day 5 Pure Cardio today! My Garmin 210 tells me I burnt 510 calories. I'm 5"8 and weigh 9st 11 (and thought I was quite fit until I started the Insanity challenge and got my butt well and truly kicked by the fit test!) if that helps.

The other days I was averaging about 460. I think I burnt more today due to the lack of breaks :laugh:

I'm going to trust my HRM and try not to worry. From what I've read elsewhere I think our numbers sound about right.

Thanks for that, just thought that it was on the high side, I am 175cm, 77.5kg. Yes today was hard, the last 2 exercises, I had to stop of couple of times!
    JC
  • lightmouse
    Options
    Three words.

Push Up Jacks.

:mad:
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options

It gives me even more calories burned, I like it! I tend to eat a bit more on exercise day, so it is good to have an idea of what i have lost during exercise. Good website by the way, thanks
    JC
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

The link I put up can't be right, i'd follow your hrm over a website its saying you would have only burned 248 cals :/
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

It gives me even more calories burned, I like it! I tend to eat a bit more on exercise day, so it is good to have an idea of what i have lost during exercise. Good website by the way, thanks
    JC

Haha glad I could help,/I/checked the other persons ad said they had lost loads less, I mustgb have put heir details in wrong...... good for you for doing Insanity by the way. I'm doing the nutrition plan, for 4 days now. Do plan on doing Insanity in the near future just want to okay it with my doctor then work up to the insaneness that is Insanity lol.
  • lightmouse
    Options

The link I put up can't be right, i'd follow your hrm over a website its saying you would have only burned 248 cals :/

:cry: 248! My average HR was 170 and at one point it was 193 bpm - I honestly thought my heart was going explode out of my chest (tmi)

I'm going with my hrm so I don't get disheartened and give up! Thanks for the link though :smile: and good luck with the nutrition plan, I wish I was as disciplined as you!
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Thank-you!!! :drinker:
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Month 1 workouts I am usually 350-500 per workout, month 2 600-800 per workout. Depends on how hard I push. I'm 5'10" and around 160lbs. Definitely go with your HRM over a website. The website can't see how hard you do or don't push on every workout.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I would say it is about right..mine range between 350-380 and I can't do the whole video without more breaks than the they suggest..
  • Kidsrn23
    Kidsrn23 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this website. It helped so much in figuring out my calorie burn with Insanity and using MFP and Fitbit.

FYI: I would still go with a HRM if you have it, more accurate, but Beachbody does claim that Insanity can burn up to 1000 calories per hour for some people. Again, it depends on age, weight and how hard you push yourself to get your heart rate up.

Thanks again to whom ever posted the website to look up calories burn for the dvd workouts.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Sounds reasonable to me. Just using an online estimator entering my heart rate, In about 40 minutes, I burn in the 200 range (cardio recovery days) up to 400ish during the harder ones like pure cardio. Its been said that you can burn up to a 1000 doing it but I'd assume you'd have to be severely overweight or extremely in shape. No way could I do it. Anyway, totally off subject here.
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump