Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello from Hong Kong :)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site and am really glad that I've found it :) I'm a graduate student so all I do everyday is sit in front of my computer, write and read. I'm now in my final year (doing a masters) and I've gained 15 pounds in 1.5 years. I'll be visiting Paris for a conference this summer, and I really want to get in shape for that! :D The downside is, since I live in Hong Kong, hills/walking paths/any kind of greenery is hard to come by, so I'll just have to make do. I plan to start by walking twice everyday and then taking it from there. Some stray cats near my home also give me the motivation to get out and feed them! :D
Thanks for reading and best of luck with everybody's health plans! :)

Replies

• icemanhk88
    icemanhk88 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey I'm from Hong Kong too and I love this app. I wanna get into shape and know exactly what u mean by Hk not bring a very exercise friendly place. Lol add me up and let's motivate each other!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    hey i study in Beijing, same time zone :)
  • icemanhk88
    Nice. I heard Beijing is not too exercise friendly ..... How to u get to eat healthy and stay in shape?
  • Wow, great to see how international this board is!

icemanhk88 - I live in the New Territories so it's not as bad. When I lived in Sham Shui Po a few years ago there was just nothing around for exercising, not even a footpath without cars and crowds all over the place!

Nutella - nice to meet you! hope the smog situation in Beijing is better by now! :(
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    helloo.

@nutella91 - i'm also in beijing :)
  • icemanhk88
    Oh NT is nice. I live in North Point, there are several fitness clubs around here, fitness first, California, etc... I'm at fitness first myself. Just joined PT for 30 hrs. Paid like $15,500. But investing in your health is the best investment ever! So I squeezed a few hundred bucks a month for that. Hkd of course. Lol
  • bushiwodemingzi
    bushiwodemingzi Posts: 8 Member
    Hey ya, I'm also from Hong Kong, but down in Causeway Bay. I hear you on some of the limits of HK for easy access for exercise, but there is also some great things to do here:

Dragonboating
    Outrigger canoeing
    Mountain Biking (or regular biking with a rental for the day)
    Hiking in the villages (especially around the various reservoirs)
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    I visit HK a few times a year. When I stay in Admiralty I always find time for a morning run up the peak (I have to walk some of it, but the run down is fun). Summer heat is a bit of challenge though! There are some great sports clubs - I've been along to the rugby club a few times and joined training there.
  • elinavandenberg
    elinavandenberg Posts: 1 Member
    Hi!

I'm an old lady :) who still has a desk job that I love. I am not very much past my goal weight. I'm just trying to get rid of the winter weight. I like this site because I can adjust what I eat so that I eat less calories. For instance, instead of eating a fried egg for breakfast I made a poached egg. And then I only put butter on one slide of the English muffin instead of both (I put my egg on the other, and it tastes the same). Now I've eaten 100 calories less this morning than I did yesterday. Not bad. Just last fall I did a half marathon and then trained for a spring one in Washington, D.C. but something said not to do it, so I listened and didn't. So since March I haven't worked out in the gym nor have I done any walking or running. Now I'm back to walking at lunch time (a half hour) and will shed these few pounds. New goal? Mini-triathelon (1/2 mile swim, 3 mile run, and 13 mile bike...and I don't have a bike yet). So, I will train this summer and next winter and then go for it!!! Good luck!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Hi from the UK, visiting my relatives in HK at the end of June :happy:

Lei Ho ma? :wink:
  • Yes fitness clubs in HK are so expensive! and very crowded too, they manage to pack loads of equipment in one small room, so typical of the city lol =) but paying for the gym will definitely give you all the motivation you need, I suppose :D

The summer heat is definitely a huge challenge for runners! I hope to lose some weight before the terrible heat waves hit...

Thanks all of you! Lei Ho!! Haha
  • cathhui
    cathhui Posts: 4
    Hey, I am from HK too... just wanna see if I can get some motivation from the peers here