What is your go to Activity Tracker

Options
I know many people use the Polar HRM. Has anyone used the basis 1? I had tried the fitbit one, but did not like that I would clip somewhere and then it would be forgotten. I would like a watch or bracelet style gadget. I've been eye balling the fitbit flex, but do not know when or if it will ever come out. If anyone has used the basis 1, let me know your thoughts. I like the fact that it's essentially a HRM and activity tracker in one.

Replies

• availles
    availles Posts: 11
    Options
    I totally recommend the FitbugOrb tracker. It can be worn as a bracelet or clipped onto underwear. The program is really easy to use, offers loads of advice and encouragement and you can track your progress on your iphone or iPad.There is even a set of scales that weighs you and uploads the data onto your personnal program.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I like the FitBit One and I'm not planning to upgrade to the Flex because 1) it has no display so always has to be used with a mobile phone and 2) I always take things off my wrist to type! Oh and 3) Although its water-resistant so can be used in the shower, there's no confirmation you can use it swimming. I've used a wrist-worn activity tracker before and it's just annoying.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    FitBit One for me! I've used FitBit the whole time I've been losing weight. :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I know many people use the Polar HRM. Has anyone used the basis 1? I had tried the fitbit one, but did not like that I would clip somewhere and then it would be forgotten. I would like a watch or bracelet style gadget. I've been eye balling the fitbit flex, but do not know when or if it will ever come out. If anyone has used the basis 1, let me know your thoughts. I like the fact that it's essentially a HRM and activity tracker in one.

Fitbits etc are NOT HRM devices and defeat the purpose if you use one as a HRM alternative.

As far as activity trackers go, I use the nikefuel band..no mess, no fuss, it looks amazing and it just *works* and never let you down.

It also tells me how many calories burnt and steps taken, which the calories are totally inaccurate, only my HRM will give me accurate data for that..but as an activity tracker, I wouldn't buy anything else.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Fitbits etc are NOT HRM devices and defeat the purpose if you use one as a HRM alternative.
    And conversely you can't wear an HRM all day and expect to get an accurate calorie burn as they are only calibrated to calculate the burn for steady cardio at an elevated heart rate.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Nike Fuel Band! I like to not have to sync with my iphone and check the status of steps/nike fuel throughout the day. I tried pedometers, but kept washing them (why I don't own a fitbit like my husband). I also tried the UP band as I wanted totrack sleep as well, but it wasn't as comfortable as the Nike. (for me).

I have a good friend on her how loves her bodymedia.

The best thing about my Nike Fuel band is that it literally looks like a bracelet and coordinates well with my work wardrobe. And it is amazing how many people in stores (apple) or downtown Houston have one on ...