Nandos

Options
So i'm off to Nandos tonight with my son and haven't been there for years, which was my only time. I have saved 770 calories - do any of you that know their menu have any ideas on what I can select around that number?

Replies

• durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would imagine maybe a side of their ratatouille / sweet potato mash with a 1/4 chicken wouldn't be too bad...

Just an example though - I had 1/4 chicken with chips, coleslaw, pitta bread, a fair amount of sauce and fresh lemonade and that came to 1300 calories.
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I know that the single chicken wrap with everything in plus cheese, is around 570 cals - just the wrap and chicken (no sauces, mayo, cheeses) would take this down to around 450. The spicy rice side is around 270 cals :) If that helps.
    You could always have a side salad too - which is practically 0 calories :)
    (Went last night, haha)
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The chicken pitta is the lowest calorie food. I think its around 500 with mayo- 400 without.

Side of salad or corn or spicy rice. Yum!

Enjoy.
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Its good cos most of Nandos is in the database already and is on their website. Frankly you can't go wrong with grilled chicken, its not too bad for the calories and its great for protein. Just watch the sides (chips and garlic bread are about 300 cals each) and if you have a burger/wrap have it without mayo.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    butterfly chicken breast and sweet potato mash is around 700 i think. thats what i had last time and it was delicious!!!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I always have the chicken salad no dressing
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The macho peas are under 200 so you could have 1/4 chicken breast or thigh or butterfly chicken for about 200-300 and leave room for a corn on the cob, drink or most importantly- lashings of sauce!! I highly recommend the lemon one! Mmmm
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I always have the chicken salad no dressing

I always have this as well! the basting on the chicken gives it enough flavour. No need for salad dressing :) yum!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Usually I'd get the garden salad with chicken. I don't add extra dressing as the basting on the chicken tends to add enough flavour to it on it's own :)

I would either get that or chicken tenderloins with corn... if it's a meal then I always get water or a Coke Zero.
  • RunEatLift
    Options
    Here's the whole menu, all of the nutritional information is on it too :)

http://www.nandos.co.uk/themenu

Nandos is pretty healthy, you could get almost anything for less than 800 calories!
  • jobythurston
    Options
    Thanks everyone - my mouth is watering with all the ideas and thanks for the link to the menu @aofefa I'll let you know what I end up having
  • shulula
    shulula Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, having worked at Nandos and having to eat it every day I definitely realised what to eat in order to stick to my diet.
    I usually ate a 1/4 chicken breast with rice & corn or with luso beans or ratouille. The mediterranean salad is pretty good too as a side with a 1/4 chicken. I would definitely recommend having a chicken pitta instead of a wrap as in my opinion its tastier and less calories. You could also ask for no mayo/no chilli jam or yoghurt in the pitta or wrap to bring down the calories. For a starter the olives are good and low in calories and if you fancy something sweet the frozen yoghurt is really yummy (just don't eat too much of it!).
    Hope this helps
  • jobythurston
    Options
    Thanks - great advice from an insider! I ended up having butterfly chicken with a small side of macho peas and corn on the cob, then went home and did 20 mins on the rower, so job done thanks to everyone for their recommendations. So next challenge is a cuban restaurant tomorrow night and cocktails with friends for my late birthday celebration, on 1200 calories - any suggestions ............................? or shall I give up now?