Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60vsOptimum Whey Gold Standard

Options
GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 vs Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard™ Vanilla Ice Cream

I am looking to lose so weight.. here is my diet. I used to be 175lbs (age 43) and then over the past year I put on a lot of weight and I want up to 280lbs.. yes over 100lbs.... I started going to the gym two times per day.. 4am, 2pm... etc and I am down to 235lbs...

After going to the gym at 4am I only have about 15mins to get showered and on a train, boat, train to work so I like to have a shake after the gym... I am only running right now thinking about adding weights again in a few weeks but the issue is that I been drinking isaLean shakes but looking for something I can get in stores.. I been doing some research and I think I am down to the following two products:

GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 vs Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard™ Vanilla Ice Cream

which one do you think is better for a post-workout drink but keep in mind I am looking to lose this baby fat (LOL) and get down to my 170lbs again...

Please add comments... thanks :)

Replies

• RecoveringToHealthy
    RecoveringToHealthy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you're breaking the rules. It's called advertising.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you recently posted about struggling to eat 1000 cals per day, so i would say whichever has the most calories in.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

what? he is asking which brand is better, he's not advertising anything!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Neither. I'd rather eat liquified rabbit poop than support a company that resorts to this sort of advertising.

But I have had them both and, just for the record they both taste awful.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Neither. I'd rather eat liquified rabbit poop than support a company that resorts to this sort of advertising.

i think the vanilla ice cream ON is yummy... tastes like melted icecream if you have it with really cold milk!
  • johnathansmith1969
    Options
    I am not.. I am trying to find out which one is better?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

i think the vanilla ice cream ON is yummy... tastes like melted icecream if you have it with really cold milk!

You should throw some Reece's Pieces up in that *****.

And some peanut butter.

Now we're talking.
  • DanceFittDiva
    DanceFittDiva Posts: 83 Member
    Options

You obviously didn't read the OP post at all.... :noway:
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    The GNC Amp 60 is good all around. It's also packed with essential aminos etc and is good for either pre or post workout. I rather like it. I bought some cheaper whey and it was awful in water, but the Amp 60 tastes fine. I'm not familiar with the Optimum, so I can't speak on it. You can't go wrong with the Amp 60, however, you may be able to find equivalents that are cheaper.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    throw them all in the trash...only food clean water and air!!
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Geez....OP...i am SOO SORRY folks cannot just answer your question or not respond if not germane. Why so harsh folks?

Anyway, I use Wheybolic Extreme 60 - tastes great and at one scoop has a good nutritional profile and not high in carbs/fat. However my primary goal is fat loss, so I am sure the muscely guys should probably weigh in. Maybe thy the exercise forum too if you want some opinions from the body. I have not tried the other one. Each time I have talked to the GNC employees (the musclely guys) they seem to all personally use the Wheybolic 60. They do taste good. The guys seem to also like the cookies n cream flavor.

Sorry i don't know much about the other one.

The other one i use now is 4everfit - have only tried the CranRazz flavor. If I am not mixing with milk, I prefer the fruity one over the Choc/Vanilla.

the other thing i saw on another post of yours is that you are "on the go" - the 4everfit shakes in a blender bottle nicely. Add your liquid first then throw the protein on top.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The GNC one tastes a little better (IMO), but is at least 2x the cost of ON. I used it for a while, but couldn't get past the price and have switched to OP products.

IIRC, the GNC products is a blend of proteins while the ON is straight whey. Compare the GNC to ON's Pro Complex for a more direct comparison. Regardless, neither is going to be significantly better than the other for someone looking to lose weight.

I'd go with ON simply on cost.

On a side note, neither will cause you to lose weight. You need to sustain a healthy calorie deficit for that to happen, and you don't need protein supplements to do that.

• davekang
    davekang Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi

I personally would not use either of them, I have tried them and there are so many better options for the money,

The best one that I have found and am now using myself when I either bulk or cut is whey 80 for the protein works. Its a website and the price and taste is so much better.

nutritional info.

Product is Whey Protein 80
    Values based on: per 25g serving
    Energy (kcal/g) 99
    Energy (kJ/g) 420
    Protein (dry basis) 19.6
    Carbohydrates (g) 2.4
    Carbohydrates of which Sugars 1.9
    Fat (g) 1.7
    Fat of which Saturates (g) 1.4
    Sodium (mg) 48
    Cholesterol (mg) 52

I would recommend 2 scoops post workout, its so low in fat and sugar that you can keep a shake with you if you cant make one of your meals as I do. If you want some carbs, you can either add dextrose which is a fast sugar, or as you are dieting maybe some porridge oats.

f you have any questions let me know
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard™ Vanilla Ice Cream

Tastes pretty good.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think the reason people (including me!) thought this was spam was the phrasing of his question, and the fact that he repeated the same text twice in the post. It looked _exactly_ like an SEO spam post at first glance.

That probably explains the hostility, anyhow. I don't have an opinion on the actual product.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Wheybolic is not really in the same league as Gold Standard. Gold Standard is regular whey, and if you want to compare it to something in GNC's lineup, you should compare it to Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex. GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 is essentially their own brand of Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex, which is MUCH higher up in the tier than Gold Standard. Gold Standard is their general purpose Whey Protein. Pro Complex is a dedicated post workout blend formulated specifically for people who engage in high intensity training. Wheybolic is comparable to that.
  • davekang
    davekang Posts: 18
    Options
    Wheybolic is not really in the same league as Gold Standard. Gold Standard is regular whey, and if you want to compare it to something in GNC's lineup, you should compare it to Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex. GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 is essentially their own brand of Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex, which is MUCH higher up in the tier than Gold Standard. Gold Standard is their general purpose Whey Protein. Pro Complex is a dedicated post workout blend formulated specifically for people who engage in high intensity training. Wheybolic is comparable to that.

Im sorry but I font agree at all

These protein are pretty much all the same, unless you are 300lb and stepping on a stage it makes no difference.

Get one with low fat and sugars that tastes good and stick with that.

If we believed every but of **** and bull that these companies talk about we would all be drinking HUMAPRO. A protein source with no calories and 90% absorption lol, LOOK IT UP.

I have been training long enough and spent enough money on these products to learn there all the same. Unless you are Lactose intolerant go with a basic whey protein as I have stated earlier.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Protein = Protein

Make sure you add some carbs to the mix as a post workout though, those shakes are very low in everything but protein.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If we believed every but of **** and bull that these companies talk about we would all be drinking HUMAPRO. A protein source with no calories and 90% absorption lol, LOOK IT UP.

I know your point is this stuff is ridiculous.....BUT I am completely fascinated....how can this be "protein" and have no calories???? "protein" as a macro has 4 calories per gram....is this actually a macro-delivery of protein or just a collection of aminos? :noway:

Seriously i tried to check out their web info - it is so over my head.....
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi I felt like I needed to add a few things to this discussion. I do believe the quality of protein powder does directly affect your outcome, because I have seen the results in my own workouts. I have lost 40 lbs since Dec 26. I lost 20 lbs before starting MFP and 20 lbs after. MFP has made the whole process so much easier but so has protein powder.

About a month after starting my work out program I hit a serious plateau that I could not break through until I added high quality protein powder and Branch Chain Amino Acids (the building blocks of protein, which is basically what HUMAPRO is as well, but with more bells and whistles). I think the brand is irrelevant and I don't want to be accused as this person was of false advertising, but if you do research you will find that sports trainers and researchers do believe the quality of protein does directly affect your out come. Many of these people are sports doctors at colleges doing research on college athletes.

Also know that everyone has unique protein needs, and you may have to experiment to find what works. I found I could not use soy (thyroid issues), and some forms of whey killed my stomach or spiked my blood sugar too much. Thus I use high filtered- high quality whey with a slow releasing casein with egg album protein formula, that has no carbs and no fat. I spend a pretty penny for it, nearly 60 dollars for a 45 day supply. The BCAA I use is about 40 dollars for a 60 day supply. Woman need less than men so I am able to stretch out my tubs of supplement.

But the results have been amazing. I have muscle definition in areas I had fat four months ago and I did not see these results until I added the protein powder and BCAA to my regiment though my macro-nutrient requirement have basically remained the same for the duration of my training. My target macro-nutrients are 125 grams of protein daily, under 100 grams carbs, and 60 grams fat. The protein powder and BCAA made all the difference in the world for me.

Just to give you back ground I am training fairly hard. I do 16/8 leangains styled intermittent fasting (I do not eat between 9 pm to 1 pm the next day, and I train fasted), I eat around 1400-1850 calories a day depending on my workout. I do 90 minutes of cardio (spinning and swimming) 3X a weeks and an hour of strength training 3X a week with a light cardio warm up and a light cool down swim. I aim for a 500-1000 calorie deficit daily.

I agree there is a lot of hype out there, but there are good people trying to give good information too. I don't mind spending a little money if I get results. There is nothing ethically wrong with fair trade.