Past Weight Watchers member

Options
I decided to use myfitnesspal as I was not losing much weight on weight watchers...letting me, a fruit lover eat as much fruit as I wanted was disasterous to say the least....this program shows how many calories those bananas are along with mangos etc..eating six pieces of fruit as such did not help my weight loss...hoping this program will keep me under my calories...

Replies

• parhod15
    parhod15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SO HERE WE R! LET'S MOTIVATE EACH OTHER AND STAY FOCUSED. SO DAMN HARD, BUT WE CAN DO IT AND WE ARE WORTH IT. AS I EYE THIS BROWNIE. LOL:sad:
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am a Lifetime Weight Watcher's member. Ever since they switched to points plus I have not been able to stay with my goal weight either. I just cannot eat this much fruit and still lose weight. The plan allows too many carbs for my weight loss success even if they ARE good carbs. The only plan that I could lose weight with that they offered that would also keep me satisfied was the one where I could pick foods from a variety list and NOT count points. For me this is easier. I have lost more weight in 1 week than I was losing with WW in a month previously. I find it very interesting to do also. I love this forum so far. Losing weight and inches. Happy!!!
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    I did WW for 8 months.. I strictly followed MFP for 4 weeks while I still attended WW meetings... I lost about 43 on WW and lost 12 on MFP in about 5 weeks. MFP is way more user friendly, full of support and it's free. I wasn't eating enough on WW and I didn't know about eating activity calories/points back until I joined MFP.
  • EthelNorm
    EthelNorm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me as another past WW member. I was gung ho in the beginning but they changed the points program and it frustrated me because I was doing it one way and then I had to rethink what to eat. Not to mention, I got tired of converting food to points. It wasn't the program, it was me. I was lazy. (not to mention, cheap!) MFP is more straightforward. Count calories. Every food package has a calorie count. It doesn't hurt that I'm motivated and focused right now to do this. I have some summer events that I want to attend and not be afraid to have my pic taken. Right now I hate the camera!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Although I loved and lost on the old Weight Watchers plan, the new plan with "all the free fruit" was killing me as well. I went back to the old plan as I still had all the books. Lost 31 pounds since January and im thrilled. I knew if I stuck with what worked I could do it. But as with the rest of you, the new plan was not good for me. I used WW & MFP together and reached my goal weight in 3 1/2 months.

My point is, find what works best for you and run with it.
  • TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have done WW. But I didnt care much for it. Mostly because I was lazy and converting everything to this and that just frustrated me. I like the straightforward approach here. Oh look that is an apple, log it, here is the calories, sugar, fat, etc. Oh you want that cupcake? Here is what, exactly, it is going to cost you. I never looked on WW, but here, I love the recipe builder. Makes things super easy since I love to cook. And the database is pretty good too.

Oh, and is anyone else tired of seeing those singing WW commercials? SLEEVELESS WHEN I HAIL A CAB! Ugh. Here is a sock, you know what to do with it. :laugh:
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    life timer of ww. i got to goal when i was 22, and lost touch and oncei came back almost 20 yrs later worked for abit and look good when i got married ( which was my goal) cant get into it, didn't help when the leader was packing on the weight and getting bigger each week, and it cost so much even on the life timer rate. so been doing it on my own until my daughter found this site 3 weeks ago.

I find quote keep me on track, here is one for you all

"If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

add me if i you would like a friend
  • PolarBear72901
    Options
    Ten years ago I lost over 100 pounds with weight watchers. Sadly I have to do it all again. I have a friend who is doing the new WW and when I asked her about it and she explained all the new rules I knew it wasn't for me. It took me a long time to find another alternative.

I have been a member to MFP for a long time, but never really stuck to it. This is my third day in a row! :smile: That's a new record. I could use the kudos and kicks in the rear from some new friends. That was one of the best parts of WW for me.

PB
  • trudiedurbridge
    Options
    I was doing weight watchers too - I recently switched over the MFP a couple of weeks ago! Im feeling much better and enjoying exploring new foods that I would never ahve eaten on weightwatchers due to high pro points value :)
  • stuj019
    stuj019 Posts: 28
    Options
    Two time weight watchers and lost weight both times but keeping it off is the problem , so hoping MFP will help , so far so good although its only my first week on MFP.
    Good Luck everyone.
  • bladkani
    Options
    I too lost a lot of weight on the old points plan. Do not like the new one at all, and I was a meeting leader at one point. It's a modified low-carb diet. So now I am going to see how counting calories might work.