Water retention

Options
How can lose that water, without eating 20 pounds of spinach every day?

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Eat less sodium, drink more water.
  • BeautifulJose
    Options
    thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that I quit on salt some 3-4 years ago for my husband who suffers from high blood pressure. And althought I was never a big water drinker, I now swallow 8-10 cups a day.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    good rule of water take half your weight in pounds and drink that many ounces a day so I am sure 8-10 cups is enough for you
  • rmontpetit
    rmontpetit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Even if you do not add salt to your cooking or in your plate what you eat my naturally contain lots of sodium. Also, have you seen your doctor about that? It may not be Water that you need to loose or it may be an health issue that make you keep all that water in.
    Good luck
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Water retention can make you feel and look bloated, puffy and uncomfortable. It is caused by a variety of factors, including poor diet, lack of physical activity and premenstrual syndrome. Eliminate or reduce excess water weight safely and naturally.

Drink more water. Being dehydrated actually makes bloating worse because your body tries to retain more water to keep you alive. Research suggests that consuming plenty of water helps with weight loss. Aim for eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day, and consume plenty of water-based foods such as fruits, vegetables and natural soups.

Reduce sodium. Excess sodium causes the body to retain water, and most people consume more than the recommended daily allowance. To reduce water retention, consume no more than 2,400 milligrams of sodium per day. Limit consumption of high-sodium foods such as canned soups, potato chips and processed meats.

Sponsored Links

Read more: How to Fix Water Retention | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7536571_fix-water-retention.html#ixzz2RUkJQkfB
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options

Get more calcium and magnesium. These minerals have been studied as promising remedies for water retention caused by PMS. The recommended intake of calcium is 1,200 milligrams a day, along with 200 to 400 milligrams of magnesium. Talk to your doctor before adding calcium or magnesium supplements to your diet, as consuming too much of either mineral could be harmful, especially if you have heart or kidney disease.

Exercise. The more active you are, the more your body is able to sweat and expel excess water naturally. According to the Mayo Clinic, women who engage in regular physical activity report fewer symptoms of PMS, including premenstrual bloating. If you are sedentary, start adding a small amount of light to moderate physical activity into your day.

Try a diuretic. Diuretic pills, or water pills, reduce water retention by causing the body to urinate more than usual. By artificially increasing the amount of urine your body produces, water pills can also cause the excretion of electrolytes and minerals such as potassium. Your doctor might recommend taking a vitamin supplement while using a diuretic.

Read more: How to Fix Water Retention | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7536571_fix-water-retention.html#ixzz2RUkVvpZf
  • rmontpetit
    rmontpetit Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Try a diuretic. Diuretic pills, or water pills, reduce water retention by causing the body to urinate more than usual. By artificially increasing the amount of urine your body produces, water pills can also cause the excretion of electrolytes and minerals such as potassium. Your doctor might recommend taking a vitamin supplement while using a diuretic.

Pills... must see your doctor it can be Harmfull to use a too stong diuretic. If you want to try i would suggest to go "naturally" . Dandelion tea could be a good idée, or even coffe...