any intutive eaters out there

Options
I've been reading about this and think this would be really good for me to do. to help me develop a healthy relationship with food. would love to hear about others doing this and how to get started.

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I read Thin Within -- It's a good book. I recommend it. Christian based, too.

I don't currently eat intuitively. I'd love to but right now I think calorie counting controls the binges better. I want to go to intuitive eating once I'm at my goal weight.

I posted a blog about it before.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sophrosyne_94/view/intuitive-eating-461286
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree. Thin Within is a great book. I haven't finished it yet and it is hard because your not always hungry in the morning but I still eat anyways and you will be so sad how long it really takes to be hungry or to be at a 0 on the scale for hunger.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I do not eat intuitevly either. I do watch my calories and try to eat throughout the day. If I let myself go until I am hungry I would have the problem of not having food around me and by the time I get food I would eat more than I should.
    Moderation throughout the day works best, for me.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If I ate intuitively, I would be back where I started. Even now that I've been eating less for six months, the few times I've gone to 2000 calories, I still wasn't full. My eating cycle depends entirely on planning or cravings. The former is better for me, in the long-run.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    this is a later on goal once I get my eating straightened out.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm so passionate about intuitive eating because it changed my life (literally)
    I was able to fix my relationship with food and reach my ideal weight through it.

One book I love is "Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat"