FITBIT One Helppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Hi,

i bought it yesterday and i don't seem to know how it works. i woke up in the morning and checked it and it says i burned 335 calories...I didn't even move and i had it on the night table.....Please help meeeeeeeeee..

Replies

• tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    It estimates your TDEE. divides that by 24 and then each hour, adds that amount on to your calories.

Don't forget that you burn around 65 calories an hour even sleeping.

What time did you check it? about 5am?
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No worries...it tracks the calories your body burns by just being alive...

check out this forum...lots of good info

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Yikes, simmer.

It estimates your burn for the day no matter what you do: sitting still, running, walking, stairs etc. Even if you're sitting still, you're still burning calories.

So, I burn 2100 calories a day just sitting there and doing nothing. If I run/weights for a day, I'm going to burn around 2800. Which means I have around 700 "extra calories" for my day. It's quite simple, really.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi,

i bought it yesterday and i don't seem to know how it works. i woke up in the morning and checked it and it says i burned 335 calories...I didn't even move and i had it on the night table.....Please help meeeeeeeeee..

Do you take sleeping pills? Maybe you got up in the middle of the night......sleepwalked.......and then put it back when you got back in bed? I think that's probably the best explanation. Sounds dangerous. I hope you didn't drive. You could kill someone.
  • lahalab
    lahalab Posts: 41 Member
    Options

the thing is that it was on the night stand, i didn't even wear it. and i checked it at 6:45 am. like 2 hours later it says i burned 650 calories.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options

the thing is that it was on the night stand, i didn't even wear it. and i checked it at 6:45 am. like 2 hours later it says i burned 650 calories.

Those are the calories you use up simply by being alive. It calculated it from the data you put into your account (height weight and gender) so at the end of the day it shows you total calories burned and not just the calories you burn by walking around
  • pilarter
    pilarter Posts: 49
    Options
    I would need some help too, I am still pondering whether to buy a fitbit, I would need to know whther it would track any exercise or activity I do, besides walking-running. I mean, does it track calories burnt while lifting weights, while cleaning the house, when doing some deskwork, or driving?
    Because this is what I would really like to track, so I can accurately calculate my TDEE.
    thank you in advance for the information and advice!
  • pilarter
    pilarter Posts: 49
    Options
    anybody ?
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    The fitbit can't do any of that, it's an accurate pedometer. Your best bet is a heart rate monitor. Like the polar FT4 or FT7.
  • odowdt
    odowdt Posts: 1
    Options
    Where could you get FT4