What do you drink??

Options

Replies

• daisydaisy99
    daisydaisy99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I sympathise, I went pop free almost 3 weeks ago - drink lots of water the first couple of days to help with the headache (if you aren't replacing the caffeine with something else) and take heart in the fact that the craving goes away pretty quick (at least it did for me). The added side benefit is that there are lots of foods I can't imagine eating without a pop to go with them so I inadvertently cut a lot of other crap out of my diet too.

Getting rid of the sugar has already taken 1.5 inches off my waist so there is an upside!
  • carlialjim
    Options
    I was a caffeine addict too but one day I just quit cold turkey. I make a fruit smoothie every morning with unsweetened almond milk and I change up the fruit(banana, strawberry,mango, blueberry etc.). And that helps me wake up in the morning. Beside the smoothie I only drink water. I sometime add lemon or cucumber to it.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    On a normal day, I drink coffee, water, diet pop, and some hot herbal tea if I need something to warm me up or feed my oral fixation.
  • mauibeachbabe
    Options
    Coffee in the morning 2 cups limit Water, water, and more water.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    water and coffee are my mainstays.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee w/ stevia & nonfat milk, unsweetened tea, and nonfat milk
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    At least 16 cups of water a day, one cup of coffee each morning. Maybe research peppermint oil for your headaches. There are also pressure points beside each ear that you can press on for 5 minutes to alleviate some types of headaches. I am also a firm believer in using chiropractic, on a weekly basis to maintain optimal health. I also drink red wine on most nights, 5 to 10 ounces.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Coffee with almond coconut milk in the morning. Sometimes hot tea at work. The rest of the time it's water. At home, I add a splash of Crystal Light or similar drink mix for flavor. For the sake of full disclosure, I also drink diet soda or vitamin water or diet sports drink from time to time.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Water all day, but for lunch, I like to mix some Crystal light with it as water can get very boring :). Took a while, but I started to drink Unsweetened Ice Tea. Growing up on Sweet Tea, this is a big thing for me!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Water or espresso black no sugar if I need a jump start.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    vegetable oil.

Same here. I prefer a 50/50 mix of Canola and Peanut.
  • grandgirls8
    Options
    I was a Diet Pepsi junkie. 4-5 a day. I hated water, hated it. So to begin with I started drinking a product calld ICE. It was flavored water wth seltzer which gave me the bubbles I craved. After awhile I switched to flavored water, Mio mostly. But knowing that this is also not good for you, I weaned myself off to just water. A few weeks ago, I read that I should be drinking only purified water so I have switced to only purified water. Guess what? I CRAVE water. I love it! Warm, cold...it does not matter. I cannot go anywhere without my water. :smile:
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When I started in January I was the same way, one soda in the mornings (normally a 20oz coke) and then sometimes a Sonic drink in the afternoon, but I decided to quit cold turkey...NO sodas at all for a month was my goal.

I actually took a midol pill the first week, it has a little bit of caffeine in it plus it helped with the headaches

I went over a month with not a single soda, now I have one a couple times a month, and I drink TONS of WATER!! (with a little beer now & then :wink: )

GOOD LUCK...I dropped 7pounds in 7 days when I gave up sodas, that was enough motivation to NOT drink them daily
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I used to have a morning coffee addiction. However, when I started juicing in the mornings, I no longer found myself “needing” that cup of coffee. Despite the fact I used to drink about three cups in the morning daily, when I started juicing, I experienced no caffeine withdrawals. I was amazed! I still drink a cup here and there, but it’s typically on the weekend (and sometimes I can’t even finish one cup!).

Juicing aside, have you ever made your own fruit or veggie infused water? I sometimes make an apple cinnamon water: sliced apples, cinnamon sticks and a squeeze of lemon mixed in a jug of water and ice. The longer it sits, the better the flavor develops. If you’re not good with drinking plain water, this could be a great idea for you, and you can make it in bulk (bonus). You can try all kinds of fresh produce: berries, oranges, cucumber etc.

One of the other great things about making your own infused water is you control the ingredients. You can avoid processed sugars (real or fake), preservatives and other junk in “stuff” you’d buy from the store.

Good luck on your journey! :smile:

~Andrea
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Two 12oz cups of coffee in the morning, water after that. Sometimes I drink Splenda sweetened iced tea when I go out to dinner and need a really refreshing drink on a hot Texas day.
  • elfoley26
    elfoley26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink either iced or hot lattes made with skim milk and 2 splenda. The iced coffee I get from Market Basket it is made by Maxwell House International latte. I prefer the hazelnut but they also make a French vanilla. They come in individual packages, have 60 calories and 15 carbs. Add your skim fat free milk and you get your protein and 45 to 50 mg of caffeine.
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    12 year old Scotch, I'm with Ron Swanson on this one...

Usually water with Mio in it or coffee for the most part, occasionally a 100% juice box or some pure OJ and the odd diet pop... and the Scotch of course ;)

PS If you crave the bubbles of pop some Perrier with lemon juice or other flavoring is a decent substitute.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    2 10oz Cups of coffee in the morning.... water all day.... usually a bottle of Fruit Water by Glaceau in the afternoon (it tastes like soda because its carbonated and zero calories)... and occasionally 1 GLASS of wine with my dinner.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water - a 20oz bottle before my coffee. Then a lot of coffee (half caf). And then plain water the rest of the day. Occasionally "tea" (technically it's an herbal infusion, I work with tea people and they get upset if I call it tea).
  • GregLeatherman
    Options
    Water, almond milk, coffee, and beer (only on Fridays). Almond milk is very satisfying and works great with protein powders for a meal replacement or sensible snack.