Summer Clothes

Options
Does anyone know when clothing stores put out their summer selection. I am going on a cruise in January and I don't want to buy anything now because I have no idea what size I will be. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I thought they already did, over the weekend i went shopping for a swim suit for my daughter and they had all the summer clothes on clearance. they were getting ready for fall. I went to Marshalls and walmart, i still need to find her another swimsuit because she swims 2 times a week at ymca daycamp and sometimes friday. The next store i was gonna go to was ross.
  • sherry_80
    Options
    I also notice the stores were getting ready for back to school
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    My cruise isn't until January so I didn't want to get any clothes right now because I have no idea what size I am gonna be. So I was wondering if they would have summer clothes in the stores in december or very beginning of january.
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    from what I remember about my days in retail it was at least February before we started putting stuff out (maybe later). It may be a good time to take advantage of the online shopping. I know it is harder to order online because you can't try on, but you can always return lol.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    From my days working retail at the Gap (yeah), we would generally put out summer stuff in early March. I would say if you want summery stuff for your cruise, be realistic about your weight loss goals using what you've lost so far as a gauge of how much you'll lose going forward and buy some stuff going on sale now as "goal clothing". The great thing about summer is everything is flowy anyhow. So if you don't quite make your goal but are within a few pounds, my guess is everything will fit just fine. and if you exceed by a few pounds you've got a little extra flow to your sundresses :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I've never seen summer clothes in Dec or Jan. Usually they do it around end of Feb or early March, for spring break.
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    Ok so I get paid on thursday so I have decided right now I wear a size 28 I have lost a little over 20lbs. So I have decided I am gonna buy size 22's if I lose 2-3lbs a week I will fit in them. I know I can do it.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Outlet stores!!!!Their a great place for off season clothes...that's why their cheaper because they're usually the wrong season..haha... we always vacation in January and that's where I buy everything I need!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Usually end of January or February (before spring break). You could also check eBay when it gets closer. There are several people that sell new stuff. Also, do you have friends that maybe you could get stuff from that they can't wear anymore? Just a thought.
  • sherry_80
    Options
    I live in houston, tx - there's this store called fallas paredes they have them everywhere in houston. If there's a store like that one where u pay half of what you would pay in retail stores like marshalls and ross. they are cheaper.
    This store is my solution everytime i need to buy clothes at any time. and its very cheap. They sell clothes for kids, shoes, plus size and reg.
    If your looking for summer clothes. wear or buy stuff that you can adjust if you lose some. you can always have the clothes altered
  • healthylyss
    Options
    I'd order your cruise wardrobe online once it gets closer to January and you know what size you are. It will be a fun treat to look forward to :)
  • sherry_80
    Options
    another thing you can try is : my co worker does this all the time. she will go to the stores that she likes try on the clothes to see which size she fits into, and then she orders it online because its cheaper and you get a bigger discount if your buying alot of items. Depending on the store, she also, gets discounts for like the first 30 - 50 dollars you spend she will buy separatly so she can get a bigger discount online. theres always buy one get on free or 1/2 off.
  • sherry_80
    Options
    another thing you can try is : my co worker does this all the time. she will go to the stores that she likes try on the clothes to see which size she fits into, and then she orders it online because its cheaper and you get a bigger discount if your buying alot of items. Depending on the store, she also, gets discounts for like the first 30 - 50 dollars you spend she will buy separatly so she can get a bigger discount online. theres always buy one get on free or 1/2 off.