Favourite Chore

Options
We all have them! We all hate some of them! Tell me what your favourite and least favourite chores are:

For me, I absolutely LOVE ironing my husband's clothes for work, and I HATE cleaning the cats' boxes!

How about you? What do you love to do and hate to do??

Replies

• mram81
    mram81 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love to mow the lawn. It gets me outside and provides a lot of exercise. I also like to organize and straighten up the house. I hate to scrub the 200 gallon bathtub we have and the shower (but I do it 1x a wk anyway) I just hate having to climb into the tub to clean it. I'm not a big fan of cat litter boxes either, but those get scrape daily and cleaned 2x's a wk. Happy chore day!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I can't say I LOVE any of the chores but I hate to dust, hate the feel of dust and I hate putting away the laundry.
    I don't mind vacuming, mopping, cleaning the bathrooms etc......
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love going through the closet and getting rid of clothes (espescially those that are now too big for me) this allows me to reorganize all the clothes that I do wear and makes room for new ones.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Fave chore? Non existent! I despise them all. Hate worst? Vacuuming. It is a never ending battle with 3 cats and old carpet. I can vacuum over and over the same spot and I'll still be able to pick up cat hair and bits of litter. It drives me crazy! When I get a house, I want hard wood floors!!!
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    I pretty much hate all of them, especially folding clothes and getting them back in the closet - however, I don't mind washing dishes by hand and watering plants.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I love watering my plants and filling up the bird feeders!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    LOL I guess I would say walking my dog if you can count that as a chore. I hate the rest. ESPECIALLY folding laundry and doing dishes.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic.

Favorite "chore" <sigh> I suppose that would entail waking up and spending the day with my demonseed daughters.:huh:
    Least favorite chore - I am blessed, I have a housekeeper that comes once a week to do the nasty jobs like toilets and all... but I hate folding laundry!:yawn:
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Like washing my dishes by hand.:flowerforyou: HATE Cleaning the Tub! :explode: :devil:
    but really it's not that bad :grumble: :wink:
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Interesting topic.

Favorite "chore" <sigh> I suppose that would entail waking up and spending the day with my demonseed daughters.:huh:
    Least favorite chore - I am blessed, I have a housekeeper that comes once a week to do the nasty jobs like toilets and all... but I hate folding laundry!:yawn:

Demonseed daughters? wow that's harsh.. but I am thinking you are joking, or atleast I hope you are.
    Spending time with my daughter is never a chore, but a Blessing and Delight!! :heart:
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I hate hate hate doing the dishes. I hate them so much, my husband does them, although he makes me unload the dishwasher because he doesn't know where everything goes. I love to cook, which is sort of a chore, I cook dinner, while my husband does his evening job. I also like to clean the kitchen and bathroom, not because I like cleaning, but because I HATE having a dirty/messy kitchen and bathroom.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    Like washing my dishes by hand.:flowerforyou: HATE Cleaning the Tub! :explode: :devil:
    but really it's not that bad :grumble: :wink:

I also hate cleaning the tub. I have told my husband a million times, that I would LOVE to have someone come and clean my tub once a week. That's it, I will do the rest of the bathroom, all they have to do is make my tub shine!
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love doing laundry and changing / making our bed....I don't mind dishes...I hate dusting
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love grocery shopping, well I did when I lived in Australia, in the UK it's a bit hectic. Also love cooking and don't mind sweeping/mopping or cleaning the bathroom. Hate washing, especially if I have to hang it outside (in the UK we have a dryer... necessity haha) and vacuuming!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic.

Demonseed daughters? wow that's harsh.. but I am thinking you are joking, or atleast I hope you are.
    Spending time with my daughter is never a chore, but a Blessing and Delight!! :heart:

Some of the time joking... most of the time, not!! :laugh: Don't get me wrong, I do heart them very much. The 4 year old is becoming to be a very nice young lady... the two year old is testing and exceeding the demonseed comment!
  • teoem9083
    teoem9083 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'd have to say I...not neccesarily enjoy, but I don't mind sweeping or doing dishes (so long as they aren't gross!) and I love to cook. Anything involving the kitchen, I guess. I HATE dirty kitchens. Any other room is fine, but the kitchen? NO.

I absolutely DESPISE emptying the dryer (because it's so monotonous) and doing gross dishes. I'm easily grossed out. Lol.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic.

lol @ 'demonseed daughters':tongue: Lovin the new photo, very very cute!!:flowerforyou:

Hm, cleaning, I actually enjoy it, ok, yea crazy right? I think why I've learned to love it so much is the incredible feeling it gives me to see the place when it's done. Ya know the empty sink, or dishwasher, or the sparking tub. The feeling I get as I'm putting the vacuum away and turn and look at how great the carpet looks. Dunno, it just makes me feel I really accomplished something that shows right after I do it!!:drinker:

Becca:flowerforyou:

Ohhhhhhhh just glanced down and see someone mentioned making the bed. Absolutely the BEST feeling when I'm doing that since it's makes the WHOLE room look fabulous when it's made.

Ok, that's it for now I guess, off to do some dishes so I can get the dishwasher 'high' feeling :laugh:

Fun/Interesting topic btw:wink::flowerforyou:
  • Blossom01
    Blossom01 Posts: 658
    Options
    I Love to do laundry out of the fresh air

I hate Ironing.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    hmmmm......I don't actually like any chore, honestly. I do appreciate and empty kitchen sink and folded laundry and swept floors so I zip through those chores to get to the desired result.

I HATE CLEANING BATHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Favorite chore....hm...i actually like sweeping hardwood floors...quite easy and they always look so much nicer afterwards!

Least favorite chore...definitely cleaning around the toilet...very awkward and i find it impossible to clean behind it..and hate cleaning the base of it..yucky.

I usually do dishes with my husband so i enjoy that as well, but if i am doing them on my own i don't enjoy it very much...