Water weight with Ovulation?

Options
2»

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the weight gain, I just wanted to add that I "feel ovulation" too, a sharp pain in my groin area usually on the right side that can last anything from an hour to a day, around the middle of my cycle
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    If I have a slight gain or no loss it is always in the middle of my month, never right before or during (DOT). So, yes I absolutely believe that could be your issue. Hang in there and your healthy ways will show. :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies girls!

And yes I feel sharp pains during ovulation every month. I have since I was a teen, it usually switches sides every month. It's funny, it's how I had a strong feeling I was pregnant. We had sex at night and I woke up the next morning with strong ovulation pain. The first thing I said was "****!". And yes, 9 months later my son arrived LOL.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    searches franickly for the door outta here oh gees the men mfp guys told me there was free pie and cake in here

LOL!!!
    That's what he gets for joining MFP and then looking for pie and cake. lol. Counterproductive.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yes, I gain water weight around ovulation and my period. It sucks, but at least I know to expect it. I normally gain anywhere from 3-5 pounds :(
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't typically see weight-gain around my ovulation (and I know to the day when I ovulate), so it could just be water hanging around for other reasons. I wouldn't worry about it, I guarantee you that you did not suddenly put on 2 pounds of fat overnight, so just keep doing your healthy thing and you'll be fine :)
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    I almost cried this morning when I stepped on the scale it said I gained 5 pounds .. after busting my *kitten* at the gym and starting to lift more ... I wanted to go buy a bunch of junk food because at least then is feel better about the gain ya know .. its funny you posted this because not a lot of woman would ;) I appreciate it cuz now I feel so much better I know I'm close to my monthly but still being a woman sucks .. we bare children gain tons of weight have a period that makes us complete bi$&ches and we get horrible stretch marks that run up and down our tummys LOL ..and not to mention to the moms out there we have pms and have to deal with KIDS .. so the one thing I know all of as just ask for is consistent weight loss without all the stupid excess water gain ... Right? Ahhh (sighs) being a woman is FABULOUS ;:o)
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    yea ovulation is worse than my period in terms of weight and bloating.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I hate ovulation. I get bloated, crampy, and ......... I think about men a lot (more than usual). :blushing: There's no mistaking when my fertile time is.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm dropping an egg as we speak! Yes I'm bloated & 1 lb up. When I start to feel it, I up my water intake...double it actually. It really helps me, I'm back to normal in 2 days max. Bring on the menopause, I'm so done with this!!!:grumble:
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I either gain or stay the same weight during ovulation. I also tend to eat less and not be hungry the first day or two because I get really sick. Blah.
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    Same same, but look on the bright side, mother nature also makes you 'in the mood' , well she does to me and thats gotta work of off a few extra calories, :blushing:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My old post was brought back to life! I can update for anyone in the same situation. It was absolutely water weight due to ovulation. Two days after i ovulated i was peeing like a 40 week pregnant lady and the next day the 2 lbs were gone and another 2 lbs later that week. So i made up for the 2 lbs during ovulation week that i didnt lose. Woo hoo :) I made a note of it in my private blog so i can go back and look on it next time that i'm confused as to why my loss is stalled!
  • gettingtomygoal83
    gettingtomygoal83 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can also feel when i ovulate so i hear ya on that some women can and some can't but ya im going through the same thing the last 3 days i been gaining and havent done anything differnt than i normally do but i have felt ovulation going on for like 2 days so im hoping thats why its happening to me
  • nancyrom
    nancyrom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank God I Found This , I Recently Posted Well Yesyerday As I Was Going Crazy Yesterday I Was Up 3 Pounds And Today Being Ovulation Day Im Up 5 this Is Crazy , I Usually Go Up 1 Or 2 Pounds , Last Night I Felt My Belly Bloating And It Was Huge So Im Not The Only One
  • Maabena818
    Maabena818 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg just made me laugh .. Literally out loud