Another newbie here- seeking seriously motivated friends

Options
I just joined MFP a few days ago and so far it's been a great tool for keeping track of my food and activity. I've read some truly inspiring blog posts by other members. I think MFP is just what I need to help me stay motivated, especially since I plan to stick around (I want to lose about 100 pounds!). I'm looking for friends who are seriously motivated about losing weight or maintaining their weight loss. Together we can do this!!! :happy:

Replies

• realhousewife2013
    Options
    Hi!!! It's been a few day... I love this! For some reason I stop when I reach my calories!! Hoping to stay motivated! :smile:
  • realhousewife2013
    Options
    You can do it!
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am on everyday and I keep a open food diary for everyone to see. :flowerforyou:
  • mstrickland9
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I have about 50 pounds to lose, and my diary is open to public. I log in faithfully every day. Welcome!!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've been with MFP for almost a year now and it has done wonders for me. I am at the point where I've just switched to maintain which is a terrifying thought as i don't want to gain it back. I think I'm going to be good with the extra swimming and walking I've been doing though.

All I did the first week was log what I ate and exercised. Then I slowly cut the high calorie junk to fit into my calorie goal. ( You won't believe what cutting 600 calories a day in pop will do for you)

I've read that Sodium will make you retain water weight, so I cut as much out of my diet as possible. I still go over half the time, but it is a lot better than it used to be.

I also drink a lot of Ice water ( I prefer it cold)
    Fruit and Vegetables are low in calories and good for you if you don't add a lot of salt to them. Remember to add everything. Every tablespoon of sugar and butter add up quickly.

I also underestimate my exercise whenever possible. I'd rather overestimate my calories whenever possible too. There is a youtube video that shows how easy it is to go over using measuring cups instead of a scale. Some of them were under by 200-300 calories each ( adds up real fast if you are on a 1200 calorie a day diet)
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm 52 and it's been a slow process for me. I'd like to lose 30+ and am on several times a day to check in :) ~ Terri
  • April_Hollingshead
    Options
    Add me in. I still have a ways to go, I love this app. It really works.
  • FindingHeaven4me
    Options
    Add Me, goal weight is 81 pounds away, serious about being healthy and keeping the weight off once gone ;o)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just "celebrated" my 555th MFP day. I am 14 from my goal, and am a dedicated logger/supporter. ;)
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't have an MFP blog, but I do have a blog here: http://www.ff2fb.blogspot.com that you can check out. :)

Feel free to add me as a friend! I've lost 38 pounds since 1 January, and went from only being able to run 20 seconds in January to being able to run 3.1 miles. I'd say I'm pretty motivated! :)

Now I have gotten a group of army wives together for gym time on Fridays!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends to support and be supported by! And welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I need to lose about the same - actually I sent you a friend request!
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    You can add me, also! This is the second time I've used MFP & absolutely LOVE it! Welcome to the amazing journey!:happy:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    feel free to ad me
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you are more than welcome to add me as well as others are so glad you are here you will find a tremendous amount of support good luck to you and everyone else to Peace
  • edcardenas1227
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I am new also and love this program! I am on a goal to lose about 70 pounds. I'm down 23 already and loving the new me!!! I'm 40 with a beautiful wife and three totally awesome kids
  • Lynds7128
    Lynds7128 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I am pretty new as well and seeking the same type of friends! All- FEEL FREE TO ADD ME! Support is SO important! Let's DO this!
  • Josh_92_
    Josh_92_ Posts: 23
    Options
    Add me : )
  • 2bwed2014
    2bwed2014 Posts: 11
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)