10 Day Fruit and Veggie Cleanse

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
So I am starting a 10 day fruit and veggie cleanse tomorrow! I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried this, and if so...how did you feel about it? I was really looking just to clean out my system and give my weight loss a little boost. A client of mine suggested it to me and said it greatly helped her energy level and metabolism!

Replies

• Bump319
    Bump319 Posts: 17
    Options
    What exactly does a 10 Day Fruit and Veggie Cleanse consist of? I'd be interested in trying this as well. Thanks.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cleanses as they are currently advertised don't do what they are promoted to do. They one and only good "cleanse" you can do is to change your diet to get rid of the bad stuff like processed sugars, "white" stuff, etc. and exercise.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cleanses as they are currently advertised don't do what they are promoted to do. They one and only good "cleanse" you can do is to change your diet to get rid of the bad stuff like processed sugars, "white" stuff, etc. and exercise.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting a 9 day detox today. So far so good, course it's only been a few hours! :laugh:

I found some pretty tasty recipes that I'm actually excited to try over the next week and a half. Good luck - I'm hoping it sounds more daunting that it will actually be.
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My niece recently lost 40 pounds in 3 months eating all natural fruits and veggies. She eats little protein and lots of natural, whole grain bread with fruit in it. She takes vitamins as well. She feels great and I have never seen her look better! I am sooooo jealous!
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting a 9 day detox today. So far so good, course it's only been a few hours! :laugh:

I found some pretty tasty recipes that I'm actually excited to try over the next week and a half. Good luck - I'm hoping it sounds more daunting that it will actually be.

please post everything you're doing daily (as far as eating) i'm interested in trying this.... (i know that's a lot to ask, but i'd greatly appreciate it!!!)
  • LadyNay191
    LadyNay191 Posts: 38
    Options
    Wouldn't a fruit and veggie cleanse essentially be a vegan diet? Make sure to include soy so you get some protein as you will probably be avoiding nuts and seeds to avoid the fat.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Well it actually was not an advertised cleanse like "the master cleanse" and stuff like that. But my client told me about it and a family friend also told me about doing it every 3 months or so. She does it, even though she is already vegan.

It basically consists of eating salads with tons of veggies (carrots, red onions, carrots, celery, cucumber, avocado,etc) and Eating about 4 servings of fruit a day (One to Two cups per serving) And you want to eat fruits like: apples, grapes,oranges,watermelon, cantaloupe, mango,etc) As well as drinking plenty of water. This is going to flush the system out and get rid of toxins we end up inviting into our bodies due to not making healthier food decisions.

You also have to make sure that you are exercising at least 30 minutes a day and then slowly get your body back on your meats and whole grains....

I am really trying to see if I see an improvement in my energy level and I want to reduce my beef intake to about only twice a month and the same with pork.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I guess I can't speak for everyone else, but if I am working out, which this website promotes, I can't go a day, let alone ten days without eating protein. I get way too hungry and tired, and part of the point of exercising is to build muscle, which burns fat, but you need to eat protein to most effectively build muscle. I agree with kimjoan, who said the best way to cleanse is to eat cleanly--whole foods of all types, such lean fish and chicken, beans, legumes, fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I agree - the particular plan I'm on allows for beans, lentils, tofu, etc to make sure your body is getting the protein it needs. There is some dairy allowed. You just cut out meat and grains for 9 days to give your body a boost. Obviously since I just started I can't really speak to feeling fatigued and hungry, time will tell. I've never been a huge meat eater so that part should be pretty easy for me. It's giving up the pasta and bread that'll be tough (though that's contributed to the extra weight I'm packing around too!)