How much to cut from tdee

Options
What percentage should be cut, I thought I read anything below 60 pounds to lose then a 10-15 cut??

Replies

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    What I am doing and its working is a 20% cut from TDEE. I have about 60 pounds also to loose.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    you can probably use -20% up until you've 30 lbs or so until goal weight. then -15% until you've about 10-15 lbs left. then -10%.

It really varies though. I never had more than 25 lbs to lose, but I used -20% for my first five-eight lbs down. Then I got hungrier. As long as you're eating between the TDEE and your BMR, the percentage isn't a big deal, they just make things the tiniest bit easier or healthier.
  • dinomomma
    dinomomma Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    you can probably use -20% up until you've 30 lbs or so until goal weight. then -15% until you've about 10-15 lbs left. then -10%.

It really varies though. I never had more than 25 lbs to lose, but I used -20% for my first five-eight lbs down. Then I got hungrier. As long as you're eating between the TDEE and your BMR, the percentage isn't a big deal, they just make things the tiniest bit easier or healthier.
    So you should to meet in between them? Not aim to meet tdee?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

If you eat at TDEE you'll maintain, not lose.
  • dinomomma
    Options

I mean your cut. 20% is 2000-2300 for me depending on activity. Eating at that will maintain me??
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I mean your cut. 20% is 2000-2300 for me depending on activity. Eating at that will maintain me??

Where are you getting your numbers from? PM me if you want :)
  • dinomomma
    Options

Where are you getting your numbers from? PM me if you want :)
    Sent you a pm :D
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

no, TDEE= Total Daily Estimated Expendature... so the 2000-2300 is TDEE minus the 20% that is your cut goal...if you eat there you will be at a deficit and *should* lose. :)
  • dinomomma
    Options

no, TDEE= Total Daily Estimated Expendature... so the 2000-2300 is TDEE minus the 20% that is your cut goal...if you eat there you will be at a deficit and *should* lose. :)

That's what I thought.