5'6, 25 year old female with 13lbs to go.

Options
After reading through many many posts, i understand that the last 10lbs are the hardest to lose, i'm down to my last 13lbs.

I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice?

my plan over the next two months (and then see how i am getting on)

spinning x1 a week
30 day shred x2 a week
free weight training for half hour x3 times a week
eating 1200 calories a day

i know everyone is different but i'm wondering if anyone can give me any good hints or tips?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat more.

set your cals to lose 0.5lb per week and eat back your exercise cals.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this, as I have about 10 lbs left myself. At this stage in the game, I think that it's really about body composition (e.g. getting that "toned" look that we all want).

My suggestion is to radically emphasize the free weights. Consider setting up a free weights-to-cardio ratio of 3 to 2. For example, you might do 1 hour of free weights 3 times per week (a good, solid full-body workout each time), and 30 to 45 minutes of cardio twice per week.

Best of luck!

ED: An hour of free weights might be a bit much--a solid 45 minute full-body free weights workout, perhaps? At any rate, you get the idea. :-)
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" (ish) and am at my last 5 lbs (Goal 130). I just had to realize things are going to go slow at this point. I currently eat 1400 calories a day and eat back all my exercise...this gives me about a 350 calorie deficit each day. If you keep trying to maintain a high deficit that close to goal weight you are going to be miserable and probably not eating enough which will cause gain when you do reach your goal.

I am currently losing about .5lb a week...but I am also noticing that I am losing inches more so than weight at this point..

Hope this helps!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    definitely eat more. At the very least, net above your BMR. I don't care if it's 5 calories above, it's much healthier.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" so close to your height. I upped my calories slightly to just under maintenance for the last 10. I'm now under goal weight by 1/2 pound.

That said, I ate between 1500 and 2200 daily the whole time I was losing depending on my exercise for the day.

I think you should for sure eat more than 1200.
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I too am very close to my goal. However, I've had more luck with eating more calories (1500-1600) than I did with eating 1200. In fact, if I hit another plateau I'll probably bump up closer to 1800 cals a day.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i did a TDEE estimate for you on http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ based on 127 pounds (eyeball estimate from your progress bar) and it puts you at 2135 (with estimate 4 days of workout.)

2135-500 (500x7=about a pound of fat loss per week) so you should be eating 1635ish calories daily. you will continue to lose eating 1200, but you are much less likely to be cutting muscle if you are eating 1635 vs 1200 (especially if you are eating adequate amounts of protein and doing strength training)

this includes the calories you burn from your workouts, but obviously it is not exact because it doesn't specify duration or intensity.. it is just an estimate

hope this helps