Super stupid question...

Options
Sorry, Razboo...I know how much you love these. :laugh:

Does a Caffiene Free Diet Coke count as part of the daily water intake? I count my herbal tea but I'm not sure if the sodium negates the whole "water" part of the soda. Does anyone have any insight?

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Razboo...I know how much you love these. :laugh:

Does a Caffiene Free Diet Coke count as part of the daily water intake? I count my herbal tea but I'm not sure if the sodium negates the whole "water" part of the soda. Does anyone have any insight?
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ooo and I get first post! :smile: Actually, I think it's a good question. I would guess the sodium makes you retain more of the water.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Raz,

and you will never live it down. :tongue:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    kristie,

I gotta be :devil: 's advocate here and ask you a question I've always wondered about. Why drink caffeine-free-diet-Coke? I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know why people spend money on them?

(Now there's a dumb question......)

cm
  • babsybaby
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the caffeine free diet coke. I'm up late at night working so can't have the caffeine, so when I'm finally hitting hte rack I can fall right to sleep. Get tired of just drinking water, so I like the change of taste with pop. Plus when ever I have a cocktail........very rare theswe days on the " program" I got with rum and diet coke with lime.
    b
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    As far as the first question goes, Dr Dean Edell says it counts.

I on the other hand, having no medical experience, think it doesn't. Here's why. The point of the water is to fill you up. While it's important to stay hydrated, 8 glasses is more than you need - unless you live in a warm climate or are doing a lot of exercise. Diet drinks also increase your desire for high sugar foods because the sweetness is so strong. So to satisfy your hunger, drink the water.

This is all just my opinion though. Don't even get me started on high-fructose corn syrup...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    so you're not alone mary...

I've found that since I've given up my (very, very beloved) diet coke I crave sweets less. I still have one as a rare treat, and then almost immediately I think "cookie!" "want cookie".

and don't get me started on hfcs, either:wink:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    kristie,

I gotta be :devil: 's advocate here and ask you a question I've always wondered about. Why drink caffeine-free-diet-Coke? I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know why people spend money on them?

cm

Love the new pic, now that bod is most of our wildest dreams
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    kristie,

cm

Yeah, I was just thinking the program is doing wonders for cm. :smile:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    kristie,

cm

Yeah, I was just thinking the program is doing wonders for cm. :smile:

LOL you guys!

I put Shakira up for the benefit of anyone who might even consider learning bellydance. Um - it kinda works.

You've seen her move, right?? Part Lebanese and part Columbian, I think she got the best of both worlds: Hot Latin Bellydance.

cm
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    kristie,

cm

I've always said the same about people BUYING water! :tongue: Here's a quick lesson folks, go to a tap, turn it on, PRESTO! IT'S FREE!
  • kristie874
    Options
    kristie,

cm

Honestly, it's the first time I've ever purchased it. Figured it might help me get in some extra fluid that can possibly count as water when I have a craving for a soda which is typically, maybe, 3 times a week. :) It is not so good, though. :noway: I switched back to my favorite Diet Cherry Coke. If I'm gonna have a craving, I might as well have what I want. :) I've always made fun of the caffiene free diet stuff, too. Just wanted to try it out.
  • DrWhoFanatic47
    Options
    i have a question too: when you weigh yourself and then post it on this site do you do it in the morning or at night?
  • kristie874
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in about a month and a half...waiting until next week. I would say that a morning weigh in would be most accurate (haven't eaten, drank anything yet) but if you weigh yourself at the same time every time you do it, then it should be accurate.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    i have a question too: when you weigh yourself and then post it on this site do you do it in the morning or at night?

My trainer / torture-person said weigh in the morning before eating, and again at night after your last food, and average the two for a "daily" weight.

Let me just say "I'm NOT doin' that ANYMORE!" :grumble:

I did it for a month: and I felt like I was in parochial school, and that every night someone was going to smack my fingers with a ruler. I tried it, didn't like it. I'm going back to once a week on Sunday.

So THERE torture-master.

I love 'MFP vents". Kinda like MTV Cribs. But better.

cm
  • kristie874
    Options
    CM - You CRACK me UP! HAHAHHAHAAA!!! :laugh:
  • michaellogan73594
    Options
    I have got hooked on Diet Pepsi Max...it doesn't seem to have as much of the diet taste like most diet sodas do. The sweet n low taste if that makes any sense.........Oh, this is JMLane1981, I am on my husband's profile adding his food for the day.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I have got hooked on Diet Pepsi Max...it doesn't seem to have as much of the diet taste like most diet sodas do. The sweet n low taste if that makes any sense.........Oh, this is JMLane1981, I am on my husband's profile adding his food for the day.

Did your foods start showing up in the "shared" database yet JMLane1981??