Calling all Runners

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Brenda and I have been on MFP for about 2 months now. I am a runner and am looking for friends who also run so we can encourage and support each other... :smile:

I am currently training for two half marathons and I have 3 races in the next 3 weeks. I have been running nearly every day for the last 8 weeks and would love some new friends who are also training or just enjoy getting out to pound the pavement! :happy:

Friend request me if you're interested... :flowerforyou:

Replies

• glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm working on improving my time. I used to do a lot of 5k and 15k's but I moved to a VERY rural area and don't get to participate. That doesn't mean I'm not running on my treadmill and I have an adventure race in '14 I'm starting to train for!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :happy:
  • luvschips
    luvschips Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Brenda!

I love running too! I will start training in June for the Chicago Marathon (my 5th). I am currently attempting to train for my first triathlon. I hate it! Lol...I just love running but thought a little variety might be good for me.

Which half's are you doing?

Nice to meet you but not sure how to "friend request you"
    Donna
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Request sent. =) Running my first 10k tomorrow (if the nerves don't get me first!) and would love some more running friends!
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Training for my first marathon in October. I have run several halfs in the last year. Anyone is free to add me
  • 1fit_fox
    1fit_fox Posts: 12
    Options
    yes! I love running, started about 2 years ago and can't seem to stop ;) I have done a few marathon, countless halfs, and various other distances. I used to just run to run, trying to actually improve my time for a couple races this year and I am thrilled! tempo runs, speed work, and long runs here I come ! ps. I am a newbie on here so feel free to add me & we can chat runnin'
  • 1fit_fox
    1fit_fox Posts: 12
    Options
    MCM in October?! I am running that one, super excited!
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Can't wait for my first 5K! There are so many fun ones to choose from! I just need to pick one and do it!
  • txbandman
    txbandman Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Brenda and I have been on MFP for about 2 months now. I am a runner and am looking for friends who also run so we can encourage and support each other... :smile:

I am currently training for two half marathons and I have 3 races in the next 3 weeks. I have been running nearly every day for the last 8 weeks and would love some new friends who are also training or just enjoy getting out to pound the pavement! :happy:

Friend request me if you're interested... :flowerforyou:
  • txbandman
    txbandman Posts: 78
    Options
    Three races in the next 3 weeks!? And signed up for two have marathons... That's not the neighborhood I run in, but I would love to add you as a friend - I'm sure I would benefit from your experience
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing C25K this weekend and will move right into 10K training for a race on July 4th. Then I move right into half marathon training. I'm doing my first half on Thanksgiving, so plenty of time to run through a couple of training programs by then. My target for a full marathon is around the end of March 2014.
  • brenstar05
    brenstar05 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the friend requests, guys!! I knew there were more runners out there! :happy:

I completed the CrazyLegs Classic 8k yesterday in 48:52. I was pretty happy with that time, but it was sooo crowded. I got boxed in a few times, but still a great race. Next weekend is a 20k race that I am using as a training run for the half marathon. Should be interesting!!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's runs and races!! Have a great Sunday, everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I realize im a few months late to this party, but I'm kind of OCD about running. I've done a number of races from 5K up to half marathons, and am training for my first 26.2 in October. I'm on here daily, so anyone please feel free to add me - I don't typically add someone unless I know they're cool with it first.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just started training for my first half marathon in September. Request sent! :happy:
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request! I am training for my first full marathon!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Will definitely be sending you a friend request!

I feel in love with running last summer and have since ran 2, 5K's, an 8K, a 10K, a 6 Mile Ascent run, a Half Marathon, and a 25K Trail Race!

I'm currently training for a 17.1 Mile Mountain Race called Imogene Pass Run on September 7th. It goes from Ouray, Colorado (7,810 ft) to Telluride, Colorado (8,750), by way of 13,114 ft Imogene Pass!! It's pretty much consuming my entire summer to train for it, but I'm really excited!

Once I've completed that, marathon training starts! Running the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 12th, 2014!!

Can't wait! I seriously LOVE running!